New shelves, new centerpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
I have finally come to a Helix C-100 aka :thumbsup: Huge thanks go out to member Reli, who has helped me with shipping and thus made this even possible! Thanks, mate!

And I have also finally managed to put up a new shelf system, giving the place in the center to the newly acquired Helix.

But I'll spare you the talk, here's a few quick pics.

Retro Addict

Member (SA)
May 12, 2009
England
Those shelves look very clean and smart, and your collection is simply stunning! You have so many 'grail' boxes and your newly acquired Helix is beautiful. Huge congrats and thanks for sharing!

SLO

Member (SA)
May 19, 2014
Inland Empire, Southern California
Retro Addict said:
Those shelves look very clean and smart, and your collection is simply stunning! You have so many 'grail' boxes and your newly acquired Helix is beautiful. Huge congrats and thanks for sharing!
What he said :-) Took the words right outta my mouth.

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
Thanks for all the kind words :-)
I gotta admit I'm pretty happy with the way my collections has developed :-D But now I'm starting to have serious space problems. I share a flat with two friends and my room isn't very big. Those five shelves take up one long side of the room, the wide sides being only half as long. That's one of the reaosons most of my 'non-grails' aren't with me anymore. And still there's a lot of stuff standing on the ground in front of the shelves. The bottom row isn't even visible yet. The small size of the room also makes it difficult to take good pictures of the shelves.

An advice I can give any German member whose collection is getting too big and who needs to sort out, contact these guys: bruellwuerfel.com I wrote them and sent them a few pics and they took a few hour drive to me and took home about 20 boxes. All for a very low but fair price. And you know they'll take good use even of the often less-desired models. They are pretty nice guys, too.

mmcodomino

Member (SA)
Mar 5, 2010
Berlin, Germany
www.myradio.berlin
Loving it, Freddi! :thumbsup:
So many new additions since I saw your collection last time. 5350, Helix, M70GX - some HEAVY additions! You have a very good taste there ;-)

Are wall mounted shelves maybe an option for you? Those typical shelves do give away quite a bit of space compared to an open system. It was a nightmare getting the shelves to hold in my wall properly but they've been up for almost 2 years now and I think it's safe to say they will hold now.

But yeah...I am slowly but surely running into the same space problem :blush: I'm currently trying to find shelving solutions ike yours because my other wall is a drywall = no wall mounting for heav boomboxes :thumbsdown:

Zippy

Member (SA)
Sep 21, 2010
Hannover, Germany
More pics are coming soon! I've got some work behind me and am now able to take more time for cleaning, servicing and taking pictures :-)

Before this I had two rows of wall-mounted boards which held 11 boxes. If I had more rows and arranged them better they would of course be able to hold more boxes than these shelves - but frankly my walls are shitty to work with. I started drilling the holes myself and the wall was either adamantium or dust. In the end I payed a professional to get the boards mounted. Now I thought I'll just drill five holes to fixate the shelves at the top instead of drilling a million holes. Might also be much more comfortable if I move!

Edit: By the way, these are just Ikea Billy shelves. They work nicely with boomboxes, although anything wider than a C-100 won't fit. But there' aren't too many boomboxes that are wider. VZ-2000 will fit, too. J-747, Fisher PH-49x... nay.

Status
Not open for further replies.