Damaged GF-666 power supply board

ponteley

Aug 4, 2014
Hi everyone!

Got box from Ebay AS-IS, damaged, no power, bunch of loose parts inside
Opened it up today, - power supply board shattered into pieces. :thumbsdown: :'-(
Will try to restore it, but will need schematic or maybe even better, close-up picture of the board.
If anyone have it or can upload/PM, will be greatly appreciated.
I goggled it and nothing came out.

666-1.jpg

666-2.jpg

ponteley

Aug 4, 2014
What I think happened, is box was dropped and transformer got disengaged from the screws and pushed on the board from inside.
Rest of the components and covers are OK.

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
That should be the same PSU board as that found in the earlier GF-555 as the differences between the two are all in the cassette decks and related boards. 555s are commonly found for next to no money on eBay in poor condition and that part is something that will be likely to survive in working condition if the box hasn't been abused that way. My 555 is original in that area apart from the smoothing block and they're large caps that are easy to change as required so maybe you'd be best off looking at damaged 555s as a source?
;-)

The manual for the 555 and 666 is free from HiFi Engine and I'll upload a copy of that here if there's not one up there when I go to check..

OK, there's now a copy of that manual in the forum downloads area, right HERE.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Wow!
John you are a great member here! :hooray:

I've fixed a shattered power supply board using jumpers, 2K epoxy and plastic strips with tiny nuts and bolts to hold it all together
Damage happened because the item was not well packed. Transformer got detached from the board along with shattered pieces of the PC board. Since I found all those 5 pieces inside the box it was pretty easy to solve the puzzle.

ponteley

Aug 4, 2014
BoomboxLover48 said:
Wow!
John you are a great member here! :hooray:

I've fixed a shattered power supply board using jumpers, 2K epoxy and plastic strips with tiny nuts and bolts to hold it all together
Damage happened because the item was not well packed. Transformer got detached from the board along with shattered pieces of the PC board. Since I found all those 5 pieces inside the box it was pretty easy to solve the puzzle.

[SIZE=10.5pt]That's exactly what happened here, and once I got my hands on 555 service manual, I fixed it with jumpers the same day. [/SIZE]

20150211_202424.jpg
20150211_202425.jpg

[SIZE=10.5pt]It's all good now except both capstans with melted rubber needs attention...[/SIZE]

Kenpat - thank you for the offer though!!!