New Tapes! New Tapes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
I went on a hunt to a local op/thrift shop today and found a lovely range of cassettes that I'm super in-love with!

The stars of the haul in this terrible photo are the Maxells, the Sony UX50, Axia AU-IIX and a lovely SA-90.

But the gems in this pic are the National Demonstration one, and a wacky retail Greek album with the wonderful reel type spools!

Beautiful!

And the grand total for all of them was about US$3. I'll be going back far more regularly for sure!

Rock On.

2steppa

Member (SA)
May 11, 2009
Sunny Eastern England
Some crackers in there for sure Gluecifer.
Dunno why but I get quite excited about 'classic' blank tapes these days :-D

One of my favourites is the old Sony UCX-S I had one somewhere but can't find it, I believe it's metallic purple. :-/

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
Haha I find them bloody exciting!
Especially in the wild.. next best thrill to finding a blaster out there.

Any ideas on how I can work out what radio would've come with that Nationl demo cassette?

Rock On.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
I haven't seen some of those TDKs in years! :-) Looks like you found a nice assortment there, Rick!

jaetee

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Florida's West Coast
Gluecifer said:
Haha I find them bloody exciting!
Especially in the wild.. next best thrill to finding a blaster out there.

Any ideas on how I can work out what radio would've come with that Nationl demo cassette?

Rock On.
Is that a C-7??? As in 3.5 minutes per side??? Too funny.

Good score! Lots of rare stuff in there, actually! I've never ever seen that Maxell SLN before. And the BASF chromes are really good, right there alongside the TDK and Maxell type II's.

Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.