• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationSeattle-Tacoma, WA

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

Awesome job. All these resto projects you've done and the quality you've been doing them are quite an inspiration. It's pretty impressive seeing a lot of the work you and others have been doing. Keep it up man.

#32 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

FANTASTIC!!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Super great job Chris!  :drool:  :jawdrop:  :jawdrop:  :jawdrop:  :cool:

Thank you Skippy  :-D

Awesome job. All these resto projects you've done and the quality you've been doing them are quite an inspiration. It's pretty impressive seeing a lot of the work you and others have been doing. Keep it up man.

I'll tell ya, Last night I was working on the other HX-4700 I have, trying to bring it up to this level and was thinking of the first time I saw a thread with Hemiguy doing a full tear down and bath tub wash and how it opened my eyes up to what it says at the top of this website "Boomboxery: Making Classic Boomboxes Happy Again".  :thumbsup:

Those early threads gave me the confidence to just go for it!

#33 hemiguy2006

hemiguy2006
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,306 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

:chris920:I am getting all teary eyed  :lol:

Great work Chris, as usual you just continue to amaze me with your skillz!!!!!

Nothing Like Tearing right into a box!!!!

#34 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 08 December 2014 - 12:18 AM

:chris920:I am getting all teary eyed  :lol:

Great work Chris, as usual you just continue to amaze me with your skillz!!!!!

Nothing Like Tearing right into a box!!!!

attachicon.gif100_4114.JPG

Ladies and Gentlemen...

The C100 Exploded View   :thumbsup:  :clap:  :thumbsup:  :clap:  :thumbsup:

#35 JustCruisin

JustCruisin
  • Members (SA)
  • 3,098 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:50 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen...

The C100 Exploded View   :thumbsup:  :clap:  :thumbsup:  :clap:  :thumbsup:

That scene is all too familiar..:lol:

#36 caution

caution
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,977 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:49 PM

What a magnificent looking beast, way to bring it back and then some! I bet it's more solid than it was when it was new. Props for paying it forward by documenting your journey so well for all of us to learn from. I'm going to have to get some ultra suede, I was already noodling over what to use for some creaky spots, so thanks!

Hemiguy my C100 is about to look just like that. Acrylic cement, belts, Deoxit, etc all sitting here ready to go but I just can't get myself to turn it off! :sadno:

#37 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

What a magnificent looking beast, way to bring it back and then some! I bet it's more solid than it was when it was new. Props for paying it forward by documenting your journey so well for all of us to learn from. I'm going to have to get some ultra suede, I was already noodling over what to use for some creaky spots, so thanks!

Hemiguy my C100 is about to look just like that. Acrylic cement, belts, Deoxit, etc all sitting here ready to go but I just can't get myself to turn it off! :sadno:

Right on man, can't wait to see where it all goes. If you look for some ultra suede it needs to be super thin, as thin as you can get it.

#38 howie1976

howie1976
  • Members (SA)
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:33 AM

Absolutely amazing job! Your skill, dedication and craftsmanship blows me away. I'm very new to this hobby (less than 2 months in) and I've already embarked on a restoration project. So far I've had a few successes but also a lot of set backs and frustrations. But reading this thread inspires me to continue on. One of the attributes one needs to have in order to be successful at this hobby is patience. Unfortunately for me, that is not one attribute that I have much of, just ask my wife and she'll be happy detail this flaw of mine.😃 But this hobby is actually doing much more than teaching me about electronics, it's forcing me to be grow as a person and change my faults.

So thanks for the inspiration and here's to a world filled with patience for all of us in the coming new year!

#39 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,094 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:09 PM

Absolutely amazing job! Your skill, dedication and craftsmanship blows me away. I'm very new to this hobby (less than 2 months in) and I've already embarked on a restoration project. So far I've had a few successes but also a lot of set backs and frustrations. But reading this thread inspires me to continue on. One of the attributes one needs to have in order to be successful at this hobby is patience. Unfortunately for me, that is not one attribute that I have much of, just ask my wife and she'll be happy detail this flaw of mine. But this hobby is actually doing much more than teaching me about electronics, it's forcing me to be grow as a person and change my faults.

So thanks for the inspiration and here's to a world filled with patience for all of us in the coming new year!

Howie, you and I have so much to talk about  :lol: I agree, patience is something I have been learning as well. Take your time, you will end up with a nice blaster!

Thanks for the kind words on the project!

#40 funktoon

funktoon
  • Members (SA)
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:35 PM

nice box! it looks less tacky than a lot of the big boxes

no comment about the lasonic TRC-935 i used to own except i custom painted it asap

#41 Nickeccles

Nickeccles
  • Members (SA)
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLittlehampton West Sussex

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

Holy shite!!

I'm speechless...........what a restore & on a Helix??

Glutton for punishment! lol

I guess these empty big boxes need all your mods to make them sound anywhere near good!!

I guess they just don't survive like our early 80's Japanese machines............

This should sound ace now, although the decks are truly dreadful but re-belted they will be as good as it gets!!

Dedication is extraordinary Chris & the help that can be offered & received here often for nothing is invaluable & reassuring as well as members posting spares to me for example without even asking!

Just mention that you need something or have a part missing & help is here..............It doesn't get any better than this :-) 

My CSC-960 is slowly coming along, deck mechanism is complex & hard work but thanks to folk on here I have all the spares I needed! :-) 

#42 hagarthefish

hagarthefish
  • Members (SA)
  • 38 posts
  • LocationPreston, Lancashire

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

This is an inspirational post and restoration, loads of great pics. I'm slowly gathering info, with a view to start my own thread. :w00t:  :-D  :yes:

#43 Superduper

Superduper
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,877 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow, USA

Posted 20 March 2018 - 11:23 AM

Please do mine next.   :-D

#44 nmboombox

nmboombox
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:33 AM

sick looking box. wheely 5000 type colours

#45 Transistorized

Transistorized
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,625 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:46 PM

Its now in better shape and more durable than when new! Excellent job man!