Status
Not open for further replies.

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Reli said:
You need to have Acrobat on your machine
No, you don't. The only Adobe product that anyone needs these days is Flash and then only for the few sites that still depend upon SWF. This manual - like others in that section of the forum - opens perfectly in Document Viewer as it's a PDF or, if you're a Windows user, W7, W8, W8.1 and W10 include a means of viewing and writing to PDFs too. No need to open yourself up to all sorts by using 3rd party software.
Vintage Man, you appear not to be receiving PMs either, so something may be wrong your end? Make sure that attachments are enabled in your forum CP and then have a look again at the manuals. ;-)

Screenshot from 2015-01-18 12:32:15.png

chhchca

Member (SA)
Sep 6, 2016
I am new here and was excited to see this manual is available for downloading. I tried several times but always got this instead of the manual itself: "You do not have enough posts to download files yet."

So I am wondering how many miles I need to walk before I can access this manual. Your info is much appreciated!

chhchca

Member (SA)
Sep 6, 2016
Thank you all for being supportive and thanks to Kenpat in particular for sharing this manual.

All the best and happy New Year 2017!

arne1964

Apr 19, 2017
Norway
Hi
I'm new to this forum, but I'm happy finding it! I have just started to awaken my 1980 model Silver ST858L, and are facing quite a few issues. Tape deck right spool wont run in Play mode (but it does when FF, and Rewind works, too), and AUX in audio (when REC enabled) has a low-frequent hiss in its background. Also, the LEDs (when active in REC mode) produces a noisy sound when lit ON/OFF, which I do remember was present in the 1980's, but not to the level it is now. I am quite worried that the 37 years old electrolytic capacitors (which I believe they are in quite a few numbers) are worn and having much less capacity than when new, thus producing strange artefacts...
I was just trying to download the service pdf file when I was getting an error stating that I was not allowed to download anything because of too few postings! So, perhaps this single post can make this happen? A service manual would be highly appreciated!
EDIT: I just succeeded downloading the pdf file. Excellent! Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.