Cleaning, polishing the top brushed panels on my JVC rc-828

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
The lettering is easy enough, Letrasets are available for these fonts and work well on polished aluminium as long as they're applied after the fresh lacquer and not before or they won't stick, but the graphics are a different matter and what I've done in various similar repairs (mainly to Roberts and Hacker dial plates but the principle is the same) is use the outline from the Letraset sheet to make up lines and symbols. For that part, just get the least costly style that's available in the red as a straight line looks pretty much the same as another and they're of uniform thickness regardless of the Letraset font.

Time consuming, but better than not being able to mop that trim as it's crying out for some TLC.

Enjoy!

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Stationers, office supply shops, modelling shops, newsagents and of course good old eBay. Letraset also have their own web presence these days, which is here. Not all of their fonts are shewn in that catalogue and they don't appear to mention their design transfers either, but maybe I've missed something. I've used black, white and various custom colours as well as the shapes and design transfers and I buy mine locally from a newsagent who orders these in.

Status
Not open for further replies.