• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDarlington UK

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:59 AM

Well it was probably the smallest at the time, though I think smaller ones followed it. Found this one locally but I know nothing about it as I only collect boomboxes. It's in great condition, fully working and complete with box, instructions and original earphones. Is this one any good? Attached File  image.jpg   78.07K   15 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   84.76K   15 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   104.85K   18 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   82.13K   16 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   79.24K   18 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   110.13K   14 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   73.84K   10 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   46.74K   16 downloads

#2 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members
  • 2,942 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

That thing is tiny, looks great with the gold reel cassette :yes:

#3 Beosystem10

Beosystem10
  • Members
  • 2,118 posts
  • LocationUK. 55.7710° N

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: x 10 to the 7th. Me likey. :thumbsup:

#4 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDarlington UK

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:32 AM

That thing is tiny, looks great with the gold reel cassette :yes:

It is pretty small isn't it :-) I put the reel in it as that's how it's displayed on the box :-)

#5 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDarlington UK

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: x 10 to the 7th. Me likey. :thumbsup:

I spotted the box from a hundred yards at this mornings car boot...expected to find the usual cheap plastic 90's Walkmen I always find so was pretty chuffed to find this quality unit...got it cheap too which always makes them nicer lol :-)

#6 skippy1969

skippy1969
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,705 posts
  • LocationBaraboo Wisconsin

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:08 PM

I have the silver version of this with the earbuds.

Its a very nice unit.

I like the look of your red one though…... :drool:

#7 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDarlington UK

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:01 AM

I have the silver version of this with the earbuds.
Its a very nice unit.
I like the look of your red one though…... :drool:

Thanks :-) Looks good in red doesn't it! I'm told the red is the rarer colour too :-)

#8 goodman

goodman
  • Members
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:17 AM

wow, very good red mini...

#9 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 12,912 posts
  • LocationOjai, California

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:43 AM

Wow what a find! Absolute eye candy! Something about RED! Always looks great.

I seem to remeber seeing a walkman style player that clipped onto the cassette it was so small. It was actually an exo-player type thing.

I have the Panasonic RQ-S40V which is basically the size of a cassette case. It's the smallest I have ever owned. I bought two of them when they were new and used them to death. This one is fried and worn out.

Attached Files

#10 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDarlington UK

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

That's one tiny Walkman :-)

#11 JT Techno

JT Techno
  • Members
  • 131 posts
  • LocationHampshire, UK

Posted 14 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

A fantastic Aiwa find Si ... and I'm also liking that "Twin Rotor Motor" Panny TRC ... I'm not a personal stereo collector but do wonder if I might start keeping an eye out for them too from now on :-)

#12 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 12,912 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

A fantastic Aiwa find Si ... and I'm also liking that "Twin Rotor Motor" Panny TRC ... I'm not a personal stereo collector but do wonder if I might start keeping an eye out for them too from now on :-)

I wish I knew what to look for, because some are obviously better than others. I see walkman's at swap meets, but most of the time they are 3 button punch key standards. But I would buy that Awia in a heart beat!

#13 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDarlington UK

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:51 AM

Yeh I know nothing about them but this Aiwa was so obviously quality that I couldn't leave it behind :-)

#14 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 12,912 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

Yeh I know nothing about them but this Aiwa was so obviously quality that I couldn't leave it behind :-)

Back in the day, there were some names, that without even seeing the product, you new it was on top. Aiwa was one. Blaupunkt was another and same with Infinity. I don't know anything about Blaupunkt now, but brands like Infinity and Kenwood are low end Chinese made crap and I am done with both of them for ever.

#15 milosancho

milosancho
  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast, California

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

Deffinately a nice Walkman score! And it's red! And original box!

You should see some of the smaller units out there. I think the debate was settled on S2G a while back with the Sanyo JJ-P4 model taking the crown as the smallest portable cassette player.

#16 mancardo

mancardo
  • Members
  • 1,358 posts
  • LocationGoodyear, AZ U.S.

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:29 AM

That is a beauty :thumbsup: 

#17 Grateful Dad

Grateful Dad
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:18 AM

That is a SAAAWEEEET UNIT!  so cool that you were able to snag the packaging too!

I thought someone else may have mentioned it.  However, the record for the smallest size standard cassette (walkman type) player goes to the SONY WM-10 from 1983.  It actually fit in my tape case with a standard cassette case.  You had to pull out the mechanism to use it.  Link follows.

http://www.walkmance.../products/wm-10

#18 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDarlington UK

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:24 AM

Yeh I think I mentioned it was the smallest at the time and that there were smaller ones later...interesting to know which overtook it. I know nothing of Walkman really as I only collect boxes, I sold this one to a forum member :-)

#19 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members
  • 1,499 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

Fantastic score, Northerner.  This Walkman is a true beauty - dibs, dibs and double dibs if ever you're thinking of moving this on.  :yes:  :thumbsup:

:hooray:

#20 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDarlington UK

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:54 PM

Fantastic score, Northerner. This Walkman is a true beauty - dibs, dibs and double dibs if ever you're thinking of moving this on. :yes: :thumbsup:

Already sold to AO I'm afraid

#21 MyOhMy

MyOhMy
  • Members
  • 1,499 posts
  • LocationSleaford, Lincolnshire, UK.

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:54 PM

Fantastic score, Northerner. This Walkman is a true beauty - dibs, dibs and double dibs if ever you're thinking of moving this on. :yes: :thumbsup:

:annoyed:  :sad:

Well done on the sale.  :yes:

#22 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 3,620 posts
  • LocationDarlington UK

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

:annoyed: :sad:

Well done on the sale. :yes:
Well I made a significant profit!...but I did sell it for about half what I could've got on eBay...seems this is a popular beast!