Lasonic i931BT MISHKA edition ! need advice !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drou

Member (SA)
Jul 30, 2011
France
IMGP1898.JPG

Hello guys,

Here's my new boombox, it's a birthday gift from my girlfriend ... !
It's a mishka limited edition to 200 units worldwide.

The thing is great looking but i got a problem as i live in France (230V) and the boombox is 110v ahah...
If i get it right i got 2 options :

- buy a 230-110 V converter
- buy a 12V DC adapter

I think i'm gonna try the second option but i can't find something that is not from a "no name" brand.
I looked on amazon and i saw a lot of cheap adapter that "explode" sometimes if i refer to the user's comments... :dunce:

So, guys, do you know some value brands or website to buy a 12v DC adapter ?

Cheers from france :dj-party:

drou

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
I've got an i931, not the BT one, but if you take the back off, unscrew the board above the power supply and you find a hidden switch to change it from 110v to 220v...yours might be the same :-)

Only says 110v on the back so you'd never know it was there!

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
im_alan_partridge said:
Northerner, that's a very interesting piece of info and explains perfectly the situation I found myself in when I got my first Lasonic i931.

Read this old thread I posted nearly 4 years ago....

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/8097-powering-my-lasonic/

https://boomboxery.com/forum/index.php/topic/8097-powering-my-lasonic/

I don't have this box anymore although I do have 2 other i931's. I might have a look for this hidden switch on both of them :hmmm:
It's amazing what you find out when you pull a box apart for no reason other than nosiness...mine had a UK plug on it when I got it so I figured there must be something going on other than the 110v it said on the back...obviously I checked this out before plugging it in lol :-)

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Alberto said:
GREAT FIND SIMON!!
It's bizarre that they keep it secret! The switch is directly against the back of the box so it would've taken them no work to expose it and mark it as 110v / 220v but they keep it hidden...weird! :-)

Glad I looked! :-)

rippinconez

Member (SA)
Aug 21, 2018
Hey guys ! I'm new to this thread, I have the exact same boombox, the mishka edition i931BTQ but I made a biggggg mistake when I first used it D;

I live in Australia which is 230V, I purchased one of those no-name adaptors online which ended up being an absolute joke and didn't even change the voltage so when I plugged it in it made a loud "POP" noise followed by the smell of wire smoke coming from the inside of the box -____- One of the biggest regrets of my entire life. I've just noticed on ebay and amazon that they sell a lot of replacement parts for the i931 BTQ. Do any of you perhaps have any idea of what part I would have blown and what would need replacing? My step-dad is an ex-A class sparky (electrician) and he said he's happy to fix it for me if I find out exactly what needs fixing. Please guys, I beg of you. Anyone with the technical knowledge please reply and any guidance at all will be greatly appreciated. Thank you friends !

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
What I would do is open the box up and check the extent of the damage it may only need a new power transformer which is not all that hard to find.

You can also check the AC DC switch and try it on batteries and see if anything happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.