Panasonic sound in only one speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old school Scott

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2009
Hey everybody.
I just bought this sweet little Panasonic 5010F. It's a simple box but it's really pretty.
When I play the radio, the sound comes out of both speakers as it should.
When I play the cassette, it only comes out of one speaker.
Any ideas?

Cheers OSS :afro:

superlew

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2012
Woburn, MA
Check and clean the record switch too.
You can start by disengaging the record lock and working the record key several times. If your channel comes back, you'll most likely need to clean the switch.

Edit: BTW, nice to see you back, Bill.

Old school Scott

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2009
OK, I engaged the record switch and the speaker came on but only at partial volume.
So how should I do this? hit the switch with some electronic lubricant? and how do I clean a record switch?
I appreciate your help.

Cheersboombocs.jpgbbombox.jpg

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
The Rec bar is a tough one, just gotta find a suitable hole in it that you can spray in. Check the very end of it, sometimes there's an opening where you can see the moving plastic bar and the contacts it rubs against.

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
on some boxes its easy on some you might have to remove deck to gain access to the record bar ,,give it a good clean moving it back and forth while spraying the cleaner :-)

superlew

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2012
Woburn, MA
Did you get this sorted, OSS?
The 5010 is easy to service. The deck should pull out easily. Start by removing the key assembly, then the deck itself. The simplest way to clean the switch is to spray a spritz or two of DeOxit into the lower end of the switch, closest to the board side. Work it 20-30 times. Re-assemble and you should be in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.