GF-9494 VU question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Is this with the meters set at VU or is the one set to read battery level and the other signal strength? Maybe changing the position of that switch will help if its contacts are corroded? Worked for my 9090 which has the same layout in terms of meter functions switching, all I had to do was work the switch back and forth between VU and battery/RF signal position a few times having first scooshed some Servisol S10 contact spray into the switch itself.

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Bill, I opened it up to do this to the 9090. If you just run the contact cleaner down the switch, the liquid will mostly be absorbed by the felt washers that these switches have fitted to them just below the slots that they pass through, then it'll all evaporate away before it has the chance to go to work on those dirty contacts.

Thanks to the logical way Sharp assembled these lovely old boxes, it's really easy to get right to the exact spots where switch spray is needed, in this case right into the switch. :-)

riker1068

Member (SA)
Jun 5, 2014
FLORIDA Jacksonville
Oh excellent. I have a few projects ahead of me for sure. Thats the good thing of having a few boxes. You can put them away and pull em out when time is available. Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.