FISHER PH-490 Take up reel belt ** hard to replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Heyya, =)

I bought a FISHER 490 from a member's ebay listing & it needed some work. Now, the take up reel belt is broken. Is it hard to replace? My guy down the street says it's worse than the worst Sanyo deck to work on. I'm just looking for verification that this is in fact a hard deck to get at & service.

Does anyone know the trick to do this without the aggravation of taking every board out to do it?

Thanx,
Cpl

skippy1969

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Baraboo Wisconsin
Yes it is a PITA! To work on. Just like a Sanyo deck because Fisher is built by Sanyo and shares a lot of components like the deck. That belt is very difficult to replace but very doable if you take your time and lots of pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cpl-Chronic

Member (SA)
May 14, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, CANADA
Awesome. Yeah, the dude down the street gets a little frustrated with me & my difficult projects I bring to him. I'm starting to get the idea that he hates working on old boombox decks. He even lets his personal projects lapse when it involves the deck being taken apart. I didn't want the potential 300 dollar fee for that so I passed on the repair. I think I'm gonna just enjoy it for being a great Tuner with a good line in & real good sound & be happy with it unless someone offers the right amount. It's fully working but the take up reel belt is done......

Cpl

Status
Not open for further replies.