National Panasonic RX 5100T

Status
Not open for further replies.

an2727

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2014
Hi,

I got this boombox as a junker with no sound and finally found that the line is was working. The AM radio is very weak and the SW doesnt catch any station. I could not verify any ariel connection upon opening the back of the set. Whatever was to do with the antenna was hidden below a PCB etc.

I could hear a shrill highpitched sound ( not loud but whining kind of thing)whenever i connected an aux RCA cable to the set. if i pushed thesource selector to TAPE then this whining would stop. Anyway i opened the back and used some CRC 2-26 on the volume pot . After this the whining was gone and replaced by a hum like crackle but thi was not much at all and only audible at full volume.

Just thought i would share this. Here is a video (See link below)i made( oh i painted the grills black with acrylic paint from the art hobby shop).The song is playing off my laptop thru the aux with some EQ manipulation for mids.

Let me know your views. And thanks again to this site and all who contribute here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26t8p8eqUw8&feature=youtu.be

Good Wishes

Amit

INDIA

an2727

Member (SA)
Jul 7, 2014
@Ford93,

Thanks. I will soon be getting a similar kind of JVC :). The owner says the band slector switch is stuck and so dont know how to make that problem go away. but lets see when it comes to me.

Warm Regards,

Amit

Status
Not open for further replies.