GF-9494 antenna replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

upbnsfrrfan

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2013
LOS ANGELES, CA
Hi guys. I need help in regards to replacing both antennas on a GF-9494. Hopefully somebody here has done it or has disassembled a 9494 before. I've seen pics on the net but I think you have to unscrew the whole inside components before you get to the antenna post screws
sharp505.jpg
sharp505a.jpg
sharp505b.jpg

I'm just afraid that I won't be able to put it back once I remove the inside guts just to get to the antenna mounts. Is there an easier way to do it. Any help will be appreciated. Pics will be a big help too :-)

Thanks,
Larry

upbnsfrrfan

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2013
LOS ANGELES, CA
baddboybill said:
What's wrong with the mounts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's nothing wrong with the mounts Bill, It's just all the guts are mounted in the back shell of the radio and I think you have to remove everything just to get access to the antenna mounts to remove and replace them, just like in the sample pics.

upbnsfrrfan

Member (SA)
Apr 2, 2013
LOS ANGELES, CA
baddboybill said:
So the the stubs are fine too? If they are you can just replace antenna rods :hmmm:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes these are totally new replacement antennas the I got from another sharp donor box. The ones that are mounted on my 9494 are not original sharps, they're the aftermarket skinny ones.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
I replaced the mounts on one of my GF's where they were knackered and there wasn't an easier way to get to them, had to strip everything out. But these GF's are way easier to strip down than most others IMO

But as Bill says if the mounts are good just replace the rods :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.