*Sealed TDK haul *

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Hi Guys,

I noticed recently that my local Big W and KMart stores no longer stock blank cassette tapes. :thumbsdown: I now officially feel obsolete! :-/ Their previous selection was always limited as they only stocked the D60s and D90s but it was better than nothing!

I've been searching Ebay for a while trying to score some cheap tapes and finally won an auction early this week - 15 tapes in total all sealed, made in Japan ( 6 double packs of AD60s + 1 triple pack of D60s) for $21 with free shipping.

They're not fancy metal numbers but I don't need metal tapes for everyday listening and my most used deck (Sanyo M9998K) can't handle them anyway. :-D

Each tape pack has the old retailer 'Brashs' price stickers on them - any locals remember Brashs? :ghost:

Just recorded a few tracks on the big Sanyo and these tapes sound great! :stereo:
I've just done a quick comparison between these Japanese D60s and a newish China D60. Maybe it's just me but the old school TDK sounds crisper/clearer :hmmm: !? The outer cases on the old TDKs are definately better quality.

James.... :-)
View attachment 9971

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Yes!! Congratulations on finding sealed tapes. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.