Panasonic RX-DS650 speaker wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydneyfields1936

Member (SA)
Jun 30, 2014
Hello,

I have a Panasonic RX-DS650, and I am trying to determine which speaker wire is positive, and which is negative. I don't have a user manual, and the service manual does not cover this. I have tried the battery test, but other than hearing a pop, I cannot detect any cone movement. Both wires are the same color. One has writing on it, and the other has small dashes on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
As long as both leads are connected in the same orientation then it isn't crucial so I'd go with the dashes being connected to the -ives. As long as they're the same for each channel, then the speakers will be in phase with each other (both will move in the same direction when supplied with the same signal) which is what matters here.

Even if the other ends of the cables were fixed and it turned out that for some reason, Panasonic had used the negative markings on the positive terminals, there'd be no problem as long as the ones you can disconnect are the same as each other.

Edited: Yes, I just double checked and the speaker ends are indeed fixed on this model, so all you need do is connect the - marked ends to the black clips on the back of the boombox itself. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.