Which Amp Chip is in RC-838?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
So, I have a Victor RC-838 that has a bad amp chip. I was wondering if it uses the AN7171K chip? I ended up buying 6 of these chips for another radio and will have spares and was wondering if it will work in this radio.

Any one know?

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Superduper said:
Pretty sure it's just 1 chip Chris. Those are dual amp modules. The biphonic feature is delivered using a similar method as wide setting but calibrated differently.... Calibration accomplished by how the L/R channels are mixed and how much time delay in the mixing.
Excellent, Thanks Norm. I'm going to order 1 chip and then see about doing a swap, see if that fixes my problem. For $10, it's not like it's going to break the bank.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hi Chris, Are you sure it is the amp chip?

Mine showed issues with sound quality when I bought it and all were fully cured with a good switch cleaning.
Now it works like new!

The selector switches are hidden inside linked with levers.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
BoomboxLover48 said:
Hi Chris, Are you sure it is the amp chip?

Mine showed issues with sound quality when I bought it and all were fully cured with a good switch cleaning.
Now it works like new!

The selector switches are hidden inside linked with levers.
I have gone through the switches with deoxit a few times, but no change at all. I will open it up again and see if I can test the chip output and see if I am getting only one channel and go from there., will post what I find

Status
Not open for further replies.