Crown 980L repair parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drou

Member (SA)
Jul 30, 2011
France
Hello guys,

I recently buy a nice Crown 980L for almost nothing (50 euros), but the cassette deck won't work (need new belts) avec both antennas are missing.

I'm not an expert in belts, so when i replace them the cassette player was playing too fast...because it wasn't the good dimension i guess.
Where can i buy the right belts for this box ?

About the antennas, same request where can i buy generics antennas that will fit on the box ?

Thank you in advance for your advices

Cheers from France

Pierre

Drou

Member (SA)
Jul 30, 2011
France
Thank you ! :) i didn't know about these two solutions.

Here's a picture of the beast, i almost forgot it

IMGP0877.JPG
IMGP0876.JPG

Line Out

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2012
Finland
I would really like to see someone putting parts from 980 to a 850 chassy. Should use the tweeter grills from 980 though. :-P I absolutely adore my 850. The only weak points of it are the mediocre sounding deck and the original tweeters that are lacking the clarity. I think the 980 really goes a notch further with the deck (metal playback) and the receiver with presets (gotta love that) :drool:

34 years and the bass still hits hard and low :rock: just wow.

You can set the playback speed. It shouldn't be because of wrong belts, setting is just off. Maybe some owner set the motor faster after the belts came a bit loose and then when some other owner changed the belts, it now plays as it should but with too much speed...

I don't remember where the setting is, sorry. I am pretty sure there are pictures floating somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.