Sharp gf-9696H owner manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck

May 3, 2014
Hi guys,

I recently found this sharp Gf-9696h, saving it from the trash!! It is in a very good state and seems working good but I really dońt know how to use it!

Does anyone could share the owner manual (not the service one)?

Or maybe explain me how to simply turn on the tuner?
The only way I found is to push on the play button with tuner mute off, the tunner works very fine(and the sound is great!!). But after a few seconds the button jump off and the radio stop;(

Thanks for your help

Tuck

May 3, 2014
Thanks for your quick answer jimmy,

I already did that. Nothing happended.
Only when I push the play button I have the leds lighted on. I have "power" "mixing" and "stereo fm" lighted when I push on the matching buttons. But as I sayed, after a few seconds its stop.
Also, the the tape is not turning. Only when i push the fast fwd and rwd.
Any idea?

Tuck

May 3, 2014
Tuck said:
I already did that. Nothing happen.
Only when I push the play button I have the leds lighted on. I have "power" "mixing" and "stereo fm" lighted when I push on the matching buttons. But as I sayed, after a few seconds its stop.
Any idea?

Tuck

May 3, 2014
I finnaly found a way by pushing on the pause with the play. Don't seem to be the normal way but working!
Still looking for the owner manual anyway...

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Tuck said:
I already did that. Nothing happended.
Any idea?
Sounds like you have a faulty on/off switch - common problem with that model. I repaired this very same switch on a friends 9696 with the same problem last week.

Tuck

May 3, 2014
Beosystem10 said:
There's a manual at hifiengine HERE. :-)

I'm seeing that library page as signed in, you may need to join if you're not already a member.
This is the schematics, I already have it and also the service manual. Looking for the user guide. It seem to be more rare!

Tuck

May 3, 2014
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
Sounds like you have a faulty on/off switch - common problem with that model. I repaired this very same switch on a friends 9696 with the same problem last week.
Many thanks Jimmy,

you give me the hope to fix it!

Does anybody know a place for repairs in Paris (France)?

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
We have a member in France. bredgeo

Nice guy!

PM him. He will be able to help you!

It is actually not that hard to work on 9696.
I got one and have worked on it to change belts and all.
You will have to put a sleeve on the capstan.
The rubber goes bad and become a sticky mess.
That capstan rubber sleeve is the main part for play function.

Attachments

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Tuck said:
This is the schematics, I already have it and also the service manual. Looking for the user guide. It seem to be more rare!
OK so, as luck would have it there's a copy of the owner's manual available from my dropbox shared folder, the one with the vulture or whatever it is on the front cover and the instructions about how to use the machine.

laurnalhac

Member (SA)
May 23, 2015
Tuck said:
Many thanks Jimmy,

you give me the hope to fix it!

Does anybody know a place for repairs in Paris (France)?
Tuck said:
Hi guys,

I recently found this sharp Gf-9696h, saving it from the trash!! It is in a very good state and seems working good but I really dońt know how to use it!

Does anyone could share the owner manual (not the service one)?

Or maybe explain me how to simply turn on the tuner?
The only way I found is to push on the play button with tuner mute off, the tunner works very fine(and the sound is great!!). But after a few seconds the button jump off and the radio stop;(

Thanks for your help
Hi guuy,
The push button mechanism on / off no longer works because of the dirt that comes down and halt the mechanism.
You must remove the housing and inject W40 on the white back of the button, the W40 cleans and lubricates the mechanism.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.