Sanyo M9998K record problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinefillu

Member (SA)
Apr 11, 2014
hello again friends,
after i've put a new belt in the machine, works like a charm, but it won't record. here's what happens:
if i press both buttons (record and play) it does not erase the current content on the tape, but it does record over it with a really scratchy noise (as if it is recorded with a very high volume).
any ideas?

cinefillu

Member (SA)
Apr 11, 2014
fixed it :) turns out the small circuit board (the one in an angle) had the wires tangled up behind it, blocking those small switches.
last problem i have with it is this: it does not AUTOSTOP when it reaches the end of a tape. not a big deal, but is it an easy fix?

by the way, there's another one of these gems for sale on ebay...looks mint. and it's not that expensive either, check it out.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-SANYO-M9998LU-BIG-GHETTOBLASTER-BOOMBOX-RADIO-CASSETTE-80s-/321387049457?pt=FR_LC_TV_Son_Home_Cinema_Audio_Portable_Radio_Baladeurs&hash=item4ad42931f1

have a great day everybody.

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Great work in doing the belts and fixing the 'record' function. Can't really help with the auto stop function on that model. Could be a micro switch or a simple mechanical part that needs some lube - I've fixed a few Sharps with lube and some use. I think a lot of deck issues self resolve with use.

My fully working M9998K is my current favourite box!!!

I saw that ebay M9998 - that euro version appears to have a 5 din line in with the tape symbol which normally indicates record mode only?! Not sure on that as local (Aussie) M9998K all have RCA inputs.

James..... :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.