3D Printed 935 EQ Knobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

=ml=

Member (SA)
Jan 10, 2011
E-Rock (Eagle Rock, L.A.)
I recently picked up a dope 935, but like so many of its brothers it was missing some EQ knobs.

After examining the remaining knobs I realized that I could model one fairly easily and 3D print replacements.

935-eq-knob-openscad.png

After 11 tries I finally got one that fits! :yes:

It's translucent rather than clear and I still have some fine tuning to do, but overall I think it's a good replacement:

L1120248.jpg

L1120249.jpg

L1120250.jpg

L1120254.jpg

I'll probably print up an entire set so that all ten EQs have the same translucent knob. If anyone else wants a set, I'll be putting them up on my Shapeways store in the near future.

Go!

=ml=

Reactions: dirtydave

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Holy shnikeys awesome!

How much $ you thinking for a set?

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Miles that is fantastic. I don't have a 935 anymore but may buy a set cuz you never know if I will find one ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Well, so much for cheap TRC-935's on ePay missing 3 EQ sliders!

Great work Miles, you are the man!

We'll have to talk about 951 sliders! Them and the 975's are a little different.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
=ml= said:
Thanks guys! :yes:

Have to wait until I get the 935 back to test the fine tuning. I'll probably get it back next week sometime.

Will keep you guys posted...

Go!

=ml=
Where is your 935?

Also, I may mail you one of the 951 sliders, see what you can come up with

Mrs. Fatdog

Member (SA)
Jul 13, 2011
Middle TN
**POOF**

that was the sound of my mind being blown. You've probably listed other 3d prints things on here, but this is the first I've seen. WICKED COOL. Just THINK of the things that could be fixed with this same technology.

It's also a little frightening. Isn't this how Terminator 2 started??? Probably. The end of the world is now in process. You just had to have a replacement knob, didn't ya?

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Mrs. Fatdog said:
**POOF**

that was the sound of my mind being blown. You've probably listed other 3d prints things on here, but this is the first I've seen. WICKED COOL. Just THINK of the things that could be fixed with this same technology.

It's also a little frightening. Isn't this how Terminator 2 started??? Probably. The end of the world is now in process. You just had to have a replacement knob, didn't ya?
LMAO Too funny!!
Awesome work Miles Im sure the orders will be rolling in once you get a final product!!

=ml=

Member (SA)
Jan 10, 2011
E-Rock (Eagle Rock, L.A.)
Mrs. Fatdog said:
**POOF**

I agree it is wicked cool. :devil: You can check out some of my other 3D printing here: http://teamteamusa.com

Skynet is closer than you think: http://blogs.wsj.com/tech-europe/2011/06/10/the-3d-printer-that-prints-itself/ :w00t: :lol: :w00t: :lol:

Go!

=ml=

Status
Not open for further replies.