vintage tv transformed into aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Interesting way to give an old TV a new lease at life. My questions: How did you remove the coating from inside the face of the tube and how did you make an opening in the back without shattering the whole thing? I assume that the neck, complete with the guns would have to be removed too, or did you just coat the inside with something to protect the fish against the sharp metal objects?

A fascinating project, this telefishion of yours. :thumbsup:

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Beosystem10 said:
Interesting way to give an old TV a new lease at life. My questions: How did you remove the coating from inside the face of the tube and how did you make an opening in the back without shattering the whole thing? I assume that the neck, complete with the guns would have to be removed too, or did you just coat the inside with something to protect the fish against the sharp metal objects?

A fascinating project, this telefishion of yours. :thumbsup:
Uhhhh...I'd look at that a bit closer John. All they did was gut the set and set a square tank inside. ;-)

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
oldskool69 said:
Uhhhh...I'd look at that a bit closer John. All they did was gut the set and set a square tank inside. ;-)
:blush: In my defence it was early in the morning |-) but yes, looking at the picture again now, I see the edges of a more normal fish tank shaped thing.

....But who'll be the first to evacuate a TV tube and fill that with fish? ;-)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
awesome , i remember back in the 90's there was a guy named dave the "fish man " rivera and he used to install fish tanks and custom car stereo's into cars .he won so many awards for his vehicles he was almost unbeatable .

Status
Not open for further replies.