Bon-Sonic Lightning Bolt Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

parts1800

Member (SA)
Jul 29, 2012
nyc
Can any one lead me on the right track? I just got this Box and it Does not turn on With Batteries or AC voltage. I opened it up and There is a spot on The circuit Board Behind the power on/off Toggle switch That has prited on it POWER, and with a multimeter I got 14.3 volts on that spot on the circuit board So eversonic.jpgI guess it is not a power supply issue.

Everything looks good inside,No caps bulging or burnt Boards That I can see.

Please help! :bang:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
What side of switch did you measure voltage? If you measured on power side but get nothing on other side of switch while powered on then switch is most likely dirty and corroded. I would try and clean switch with a contact cleaner or detox it spray and work switch 20-30 times. See if that helps because the controls are on top and it's easy for dirt, humidity to accumulate and corrode inside of switches and pots. I would clean all switches and pots as well ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

soundboy

Member (SA)
Feb 17, 2014
toronto ontario Canada
if I press the play button down on my lasonic unit and then switch on fm band the unit will power on with out the power button pressed on... is there an ac/dc switch on back it could be switched to battery setting and if it doesn't work on battery that would make sense or try a different power cords

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I have the same box, it has a Sleep switch next to the Power switch. Make sure Sleep is Off.

parts1800

Member (SA)
Jul 29, 2012
nyc
Thank you all for the Great tips!

baddboybill I will try to clean the power switch like you stated. Not sure What side of switch I checked, just saw power on circuit board.

Soundboy No luck, Tried your suggestion, Nothing happened. Cassette, radio all dead.

Reli This radio H-5500 has no sleep switch. On this radio the switch is for the sensor (ALARM) like the Conion.

blu_fuz Sorry NOT for sale. Waited many years to find the exact radio with the sensor on it.

Please keep the suggestions coming! :clap:

monchito

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
pythonville florida
Hi I saw this post and wanted to say if it has the sleep switch more than likely if you open it and look to see if you find a small micro switch more than likely the plastic tabs fell off as mine did that's why it did not work..The switch will be next to that sleep switch it has a small tab that activates that switch also

parts1800

Member (SA)
Jul 29, 2012
nyc
bklyn sound do you still have the spare parts from your restoration? Would like to buy them if you are willing to sell them.

monchito, it only has the sensor switch next to the power switch, NOT the SLEEP SWITCH. The box I have has the sensor alarm.

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
have you tried using a jumper wire to bypass the power switch ? ,you could also just pull the wires off the power switch and twist them together if possible to test for power.

Status
Not open for further replies.