Quality over quantity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
For me this is a big score, because only one place in town will sell home made tapes. They are only $.10 apiece, though...

DSC04968.JPG

9 TDK-SA 90"s
6 Maxell XLII-S 90's
4 BASF CR-E II 90's

...for $1.90 total. :cool: Full of great albums recorded at perfect levels with high quality equipment.

(shameless football plug. Sorry!)

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I'm not watching the game even though there are a handful of UW Madison players on the team.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Was this from a store of some kind? Seems odd that anyone would bother selling anything for 10 cents.

Also how do you know what kind of equipment they were recorded on?

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
Reli said:
Was this from a store of some kind? Seems odd that anyone would bother selling anything for 10 cents.

Also how do you know what kind of equipment they were recorded on?
St. Vincent De Paul is where I got them. They sell pre-recorded (store bought) used cassettes for $.50 apiece. Blank cassettes that have been recorded by the customer sell for $.10 apiece. We were out "popping tags."

As far as the equipment that they were recorded with, I used my M-90 and my ears to judge that. Maybe "high quality" is a product of my excitement at the find, and "good equipment" would be more discerning. The levels are perfect. I do know that on some of them you can hear the slight crackle of needle on record album right before each side. Those are the TDK SA's, of which there are three different generations of. From comparing them to my collection, I date those tapes from about late 80's-early 90's.

The handwriting on the cassettes, all of them, is the same. Delta & Chicago blues, Beatles, Heart, INXS, Madonna, It's like someone was making me a B-day present of an assortment of 20th century music.

Status
Not open for further replies.