Staff member
May 3, 2009
For Jimmy and all the gear heads here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-gzNi6MRwI

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
"Hennessy! If I ever thought I could catch yo' ass...I'd boil it in black strap molasses...But ah' can't..."

"Junior, get in the car...I'm gonna go kick ya' momma in da' butt..."

And that would be Smokey if Jackie Gleason were alive today chasing this thing. :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
"There is NO WAY you came from my loins" :lol: :police:

The new Corvette is AWESOME. I know allot of people freaked out over the new design, but it can't be stuck looking like a 1960's split window! Evolution is good! And this thing is Wycked! :devil:

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Fatdog said:
For Jimmy and all the gear heads here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-gzNi6MRwI
:hooray: wow what a rush!!!!!!! Love the part when he goes past the radar at 200 :jawdrop: wish we had road 's up here like that!!

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
With Adam and his brothers on the highways..... we cannot enjoy the speed. Every time I hit the gas pedal.... I see a cop hiding somewhere... :-D and the radar detector screams....

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
In that Venom GT video, the guy is going well over 200mph and nonchalantly takes a hand off the steering wheel to adjust his helmet visor. ¡Cojones grande!

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
http://www.autoweek.com/article/20020405/free/204050704

On Nov. 14 a New Jersey court entered a final judgement of $133,674 against Hennessey on behalf of Viper owner Gary Dan for a botched conversion.

William Walters said he is out over $22,000 after shipping his Corvette to Hennessey for a head and cam package that was never done; he did have five rods bent and a head gasket damaged on the dyno in Hennessey’s shop during an experiment Hennessey tried with nitrous oxide.

Jerry Johnson said he had to file suit in Placer County Court in California to straighten out registration and engine computer problems on a Viper he bought from Hennessey. n Jon Belinkie said he loves the changes made to his Viper but had to sue in his home state of Maryland, then register the judgement in Texas, to recover overcharges Hennessey made on his American Express card.

Rick Ryan said he had to hound Hennessey for eight months by long distance from Marietta, Georgia, to put the proper wing and stripes on his Viper.

Mark Lublin said he sent his Viper cylinder heads to Hennessey for new valves but when the heads came back he found the “new” valves were actually used; a cam that was delivered to Lublin in a Hennessey box turned out to be a stock Chrysler cam. Lublin was finally refunded $5,715 from American Express but only after nine months of disputing the charge; and he got no money from Hennessey.

Bruce Iannatuono said he ordered $8,500 worth of Hennessey parts for his mechanic in Baltimore to install but was only able to use two-thirds of what was shipped, and then only after haranguing Hennessey for six months on an order that was originally promised in five weeks.

Most of the complaints come from outside Texas. Hennessey, some said, tends to take better care of local customers.

“If you were out of state, man you were fair game,” said Kyle Kent, a former employee at Hennessey Motorsports. When an out-of-state car came in it was sometimes parted out, with the wheels, tires and whatever else looked good going to other cars waiting to be finished or sold outright, according to Kent and others inside Hennessey Motorsports. Then Hennessey would call the car’s owner and try to sell him an upgraded kit. If the customer balked, Hennessey would take parts from other cars in the shop, or just let the job sit.

Kent described one typical disassembly on an out-of-state Viper. “The motor and transmission went into a Durango John was putting together, the brakes went to someone else, the hood went to a guy in Ohio, the rear bumper to South Carolina, man you name it. We had multiple cars like that.”

Another common practice was putting stock parts on what was supposed to be an upgraded car.

“One customer spent $130,000 to $140,000 and that guy thought he had purchased a Venom 650R package which he thought came with the stroker motor,” Kent said. “John told him he was getting a stroker. He was just getting heads and cams.”
hennesscrewed.jpg

ford93

Member (SA)
May 7, 2009
Former New Yorker
Still want one but without third party issues and its street legal.

A regular Corvette would suit me just fine. :yes:

Who needs so much speed, look what happened to Paul Walker may he rest in peace.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
The roads are so bad in California drive 70 mph is down right frightening!
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
The roads are so bad in California drive 70 mph is down right frightening!
SD County roads are awesome

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Hey Reli, that article is from 11 years ago. Maybe he finally got his shiat together - since he is still in business. I would hate to think that people would let him continue screwing them over for so long.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
chevyman-uy said:
For bad "Mopar" guys!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1cLfiVSyrw
When this car had first been built and they took it up to 200+ they were losing the chrome on the windshield and were in fear of losing the hood! It was walking away from an Enzo :w00t: :rock:

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Very cool design,love the looks!:)
But the Corvette ZR-1 supercharged 638hp goes over 200!!:)
I wan't one of those!!:0

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Regarding the Super 'Cuda..."Running OUt of Cajones"...Damn right he did as the 60's and early 70's muscle cars had terrible lift at speed by their aerodynamic nature. :-D

And regarding the Hennessy...I'm sure Bugatti is aware of being slower and taking longer to top speed. The division and their Volkswagen owners will not sit idly by. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.