Greetings from Lasonic!

Lasonic_Wes

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2013
Hi Everyone,

My name is Wes and I work for Lasonic. I met Chris and Miles at the shoot for Miles' Boombox Creator documentary and decided it was time to actually make an account here at boomboxery (long time lurker). Anyways, just want to make Lasonic's and my presence known to the Boombox community and would be happy to answer any questions as best as I can about Lasonic. Big things are brewing for 2014 so stay tuned!

Happy Holidays!

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Welcome Wes and good to have you. I've been a Lasonic fan for many years since buying my first TRC931 back in 1989. I also purchased a TRC975 in 1993. I still own both units and love them plus many other Lasonics including 5 I931's of different colors and editions. Can't wait for 2014 and some new Lasonics. :thumbsup:

Bad Bad Bill

Lasonic_Wes

Member (SA)
Dec 17, 2013
Thanks for all the love! We're a small company and we want to cater to our fans directly so I figured what better place than Boomboxery! We'd love to hear what you guys think; opinions, suggestions, wish lists, etc. Anything and everything!

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
suggestions
A retail outlet in the UK would be good. We can buy the newer sets with Bluetooth easily enough from eBay and Amazon but it would be great to have the option of walking into a department store and seeing Lasonics, in 250V spec, on their own display stand like the ones that manufacturers such as Philips, Roberts, Pure and B&O have for their products. A shiny black one with chrome highlights would find a caring forever home right here, right now if it could be bought from such places as John Lewis, Fenwicks, Currys or Maplin.
:bow: :bow: :bow:

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
Lasonic_Wes said:
Thanks for all the love! We're a small company and we want to cater to our fans directly so I figured what better place than Boomboxery! We'd love to hear what you guys think; opinions, suggestions, wish lists, etc. Anything and everything!
You have just made a bunch of grown men about as giddy as can be! Welcome aboard and we are glad to have you. There will be ideas galore and lot's of fun for you here as well. I'm sure your R&D department will be in touch with us as well and we'd welcome the whole team aboard if they so desire. :-D

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
Hey Wes, another happy Lasonic customer/fan from the UK here.

Your Boomboxes are very reasonable priced in the US, but here in the UK we have to pay though the nose for them.

As John said, a UK or German retail outlet would be something that would help out the Europeon market a great deal.

Welcome aboard :-)

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Hey Wes, GREAT to see you on the boards here at Boomboxery! It was great to meet you last week and hear all the exciting news that is coming. I know the Lasonic consumer / fan will be thrilled when they see what is next for the company!

Chris

lasonic.jpg

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Your son is growing fast Bill. Still one of the best Lasonic collections on the web!

I think you and Miles are the only people I know with the ultra rare Gold i931

-GZ-

Member (SA)
Oct 8, 2010
Boom Central
Lasonic_Wes said:
Man, you're sooo gonna regret that! Ha! Three things we're not lacking here...opinions, suggestions, and wish lists....

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Welcome Wes! I'm another UK member who'd love one of the modern Bluetooth models without having to have it shipped at two thirds the cost of the box...send me a few dozen and I'll ship them out from here. I might test them thoroughly before shipping tho...just to check they're ok...maybe a week or month or year per box ;)

Seriously tho, I see them sub £100 and think gee I'd love one for that price!...but then the shipping, then tax :( No fun being across the sea sometimes :(

Welcome! :)