broken belt in sharp gf 999

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
good morning ....last wekk I received this beautiful box...a few ays ago I was playing a tape when it suddenly stoped :'-( but a quick glance into the unit I discovered the belt was broken...this was a good thing ..something that I could repair...I began to disassemble and got down to the decks using what I like to call the fatdog bible :angelic: :angelic: this is the 777 belt change guide that he made :thumbsup:..I did search my belts ony to find my 11.5 belts were to wide for my liking so I had to order the proper size belt...I was able to get the belts now just waiting for the post office to deliver...I did check the tracking # and they are out for delivery so now I took the unit apart and to keep my self busy im doing all the fine detail work on the unit polishing all the plasic chrome trim,and buffing up all the plastic ...so here is a pic

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
well good news the belts came and they are perfect!!!l :thumbsup: after installing everything decks are 100% rr ff play only problem is the record ...but I have other boxes for that..I adjusted the heads for best sound speed is proper too..here are the pics of the belts...just put 10 brand new d" cells in and i'm gonna take it out... :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.