767 with new speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Hello to all...For a few weeks I wanted to do a speaker swap in my 767..I not only wanted the speakers to sound good but look good too..I had a few concerns...First off was the transformer issue I needed a speaker that the magnet was not to large for the transformer to clear.. 2nd was the front of the speaker needed to be flat for a smooth install...I learned that from the last time I attempted this task..so after about 50 searches on the internet I finally came across these alpine's sxe 1725s & sxe1750s..they are 4 ohm's and they were also in my 100$ budget so I rolled the dice and took a shot... :-) :-) Well guys I'm happy to say they were a home run the 2 way speakers clear the magnet with ease ..I also went with the component speaker for the woofers.So I had the tweeters left over ..That when I had the idea of using the 777 mounts and tie them in with the outer speakers :hmmm: well my hunch paid off ..they are bright but not to much they blend over very well and compliment the sound(not harsh at all)...My install went rather well just had to change the speaker screws because this speakers edge was high so to get a better grip..also had to cut some plastic away from the left inner woofer to get it to fit right.It.was very minor cut so the drummel tool came in very handy ..so here are the pics enjoy guys :thumbsup:

Reactions: floyd and Knoty

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I really want to hear it! I hate how muddy my 777's have sounded and keep thinking about a speaker upgrade.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
:jawdrop: Magic done again! Wow!

Those speakers looks the best for 767/777 series. :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

Now it is much safe for craking up the volume on those and not to worry about replacement speakers.

Jimmy is the GF King! :bow:

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Wow that looks great! I especially like how the silver cones of all 4 speakers matches the case silver nicely. :drool:
You could almost think of your Alpine speaker upgrade as a factory option back in the day like when you buy a new car and have the option of a 'brand name' sound/speaker system. ;-)

I bet the new speakers don't add unnecessary weight to the unit either.

Please do a demo video if you get the chance.

James... :-)

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
Brilliant idea! Alpine's speakers are (or certainly were when they first came to the ICE market in the '80s) assembled for Alpine by Rola-Celestion and they have more than 90 years of experience in this game so they invariably get it right.

A speaker that can sound good inside the acoustically compromised shape that is a typical car has to be good if it's to be heard properly, small wonder that they work well in a big boombox cabinet and yes please, can we see a vid of them in action?

:thumbsup:

bklyn sound

Member (SA)
Dec 7, 2011
Thanks so much to all for the positive comments..I'm at work today and just can't wait to get home and play with this box...I was listening to it this morning before work and was amazed how much better it sounds ... Today I will work on a video and post it up.. You know it's funny ever since I restored this box it was always my last one to grab ...now with this mod it has become my favorite all over again once again thank you you guys are awesome

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
this is one occasion where its easy to agree with every post here --
jimmy --it looks soooooooooooooooooooooooo great

( go dremel tools )

Status
Not open for further replies.