Reel Cleer tapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
I have to ask, do any of these tapes sound any good? I get that they're nice to look at and I even have one that came, still wrapped and included as a "bonus" from an eBay seller with one of my recent JVC-badged acquisitions but if they're not in the same league as SA and SA-X, both of which are still freely available at sensible, high street prices in multipacks, then where's the use?

(& no, don't get excited about that one I mentioned, it's an Eagle brand C15, I didn't ask that it be included :blush: ...)

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
if your a patient man you could remove the tape from the reels and replace it with better quality tape , i too find these to be less than great for recording on .

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
JVC Floyd said:
if your a patient man you could remove the tape from the reels and replace it with better quality tape , i too find these to be less than great for recording on.
Now that has to be worth a try! A great idea. Hmm, I have an MA-90 somewhere that got broken in a fight. Transplant donor here it comes! :-D

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Great cassettes Adam. They will fit perfectly on some of the boomers.
For me boomer without a matching color reel inside is like car on 3 wheels :police:

Beosystem10

Member (SA)
Feb 21, 2013
UK. 55.7710° N
stormsven said:
Great cassettes Adam. They will fit perfectly on some of the boomers.
For me boomer without a matching color reel inside is like car on 3 wheels :police:
Nothing wrong with a three wheeled car, they're compulsory in certain parts of the UK.....

But, as with the tapes and their actual medium being imported from something a little closer to decent sound quality, so the good bits can be used in a car with the more usual quantity of wheels such as these from my collection:

THAFUZZ

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
Midwest, USA
You know, that funny, because I own several of these reels but have not recorded on a single one. I only have them as BoomBox bling in My radios. When I do record, I unwrap a Maxell or TDK, etc high bias tape. The Reels are mainly for display purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.