Northwest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Probably not this year, as our summer is coming to an end in a month or so, but I'm curious to how many Northwesterners we have, that would be interested in meeting up sometime, maybe next year?

caution

Member (SA)
Mar 25, 2014
Boomboxery
I'm close enough to NoCal that going to a meet there would be doable but having a meet up here in the Northwest would be great!

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
Actually, Tacoma or Olympia (on the I-5 to hell) would be very centrally located for everyone. :hmmm: They are about halfway between Vancouver BC & Portland OR.

Never too early to start planning. :-D

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
Yeah, I remember. I'm just up the peninsula from you in Bremerton. I guess we could have it here if that's what everyone decides. If we had at least 10 people or more we might rent a place. Anybody have an RV they could bring? If people don't mind bringing sleeping bags I've got the room. Just spitballing.

Then there's a Super 8 just 3 miles away right on Highway 3. That might be the ticket. They have a banquet room we could rent.

What sayeth Holly, I wonder? I'm sure she's in.

Does July sound good? Nothing stopping us from having a mini-meet at somebody's house with a half-dozen folks for practice anytime before then.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
July could be good. There's one weekend I'm usually busy, but not sure which one yet, it's usually the weekend that falls closest to the 20th. Which of course happens to be International Boombox Day...

My dad's got a little place, my Great-Grandma's old tiny house out in Port Ludlow... It's kind of a quiet little area though. Not sure how much they'd appreciate us. Although if the tide is down far enough, there's a little island we could walk to from the house in 10 mins maybe. Lol. Rock the little island.

Ken

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
Bremerton, WA, USA
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
We are looking at August 2015
Then so are we! At least, that's my vote. :thumbsup: Nothing says we have to get together only once. SoCal seems to get together every other week it seems... :lol:

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Kenpat said:
Then so are we! At least, that's my vote. :thumbsup: Nothing says we have to get together only once. SoCal seems to get together every other week it seems... :lol:
Yeah, the So Cal crew has been active this year that's for sure.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Okay, so after seeing this Venice meet, I REALLY would like to do a NW edition.

The hard part for me to think is where.

If we did Seattle, then like Kenpat mentioned, around the EMP/Pacific Science Center, might be great. I think there's quite a bit to walk around and see. It's in the same area as the Space Needle, Key Arena, I think there's a food court or something in the middle. It's been a long while since I've been up there, there may be more stuff to do around there.

There's also Pikes Place and down by the waterfront, walking the piers and such. We could spend some time above through Pikes, and around the seattle streets, then go down to the piers, or vice-versa.
If we did Tacoma area... I'm not sure. I know there's a lot of stuff, but I can't think of what's within walking distance of each other.

I dunno, that's all I can think of right now. I'm tired and gotta put my baby to bed. Then myself.

Attachments

howie1976

Member (SA)
Nov 14, 2014
SoCal
trippy1313 said:
Okay, so after seeing this Venice meet, I REALLY would like to do a NW edition.

The hard part for me to think is where.

If we did Seattle, then like Kenpat mentioned, around the EMP/Pacific Science Center, might be great. I think there's quite a bit to walk around and see. It's in the same area as the Space Needle, Key Arena, I think there's a food court or something in the middle. It's been a long while since I've been up there, there may be more stuff to do around there.

There's also Pikes Place and down by the waterfront, walking the piers and such. We could spend some time above through Pikes, and around the seattle streets, then go down to the piers, or vice-versa.
If we did Tacoma area... I'm not sure. I know there's a lot of stuff, but I can't think of what's within walking distance of each other.

I dunno, that's all I can think of right now. I'm tired and gotta put my baby to bed. Then myself.
First of all, precious pic of your little angel. 😇
I wish you guys all the best in organizing this meet. It takes some planning but man is it worth it. I hope to one day make it up to the Northwest. Along with collecting boomboxes, I'm also a huge fan of the LA Galaxy. I would love to see one of their away games in Seattle, Portland or Vancouver.

But don't delay on your meet plans, because we Cali boys are already brainstorming our next meet. You wouldn't want us to have our second before you have your first!😳😃😜😎

Status
Not open for further replies.