• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationSeattle-Tacoma, WA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Probably not this year, as our summer is coming to an end in a month or so, but I'm curious to how many Northwesterners we have, that would be interested in meeting up sometime, maybe next year? 

#2 cdnboxer

cdnboxer
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Locationkelowna B.C.

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

i'm from B.C. i would likely attend

#3 Ken

Ken
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,327 posts
  • LocationBremerton, WA, USA

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

Me makes three.

Time to man up, Holly.  :-D

#4 hollyrockets

hollyrockets
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationOlympia, WA

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

OH HELL YEAH!!!

#5 frontside5

frontside5
  • Members (SA)
  • 152 posts
  • LocationCanadian West Coast

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

One slightly north of the border right here.  I'm interested.

#6 caution

caution
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

I'm close enough to NoCal that going to a meet there would be doable but having a meet up here in the Northwest would be great!

#7 Ken

Ken
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

Actually, Tacoma or Olympia (on the I-5 to hell) would be very centrally located for everyone.  :hmmm: They are about halfway between Vancouver BC & Portland OR. 

Never too early to start planning.  :-D

#8 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:39 AM

I'm still in. I'm a terrible planner but I could try to help. I'm actually in Tacoma myself.

#9 Ken

Ken
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:48 AM

Yeah, I remember.  I'm just up the peninsula from you in Bremerton.  I guess we could have it here if that's what everyone decides.  If we had at least 10 people or more we might rent a place.  Anybody have an RV they could bring?  If people don't mind bringing sleeping bags I've got the room.  Just spitballing.

Then there's a Super 8 just 3 miles away right on Highway 3.  That might be the ticket.  They have a banquet room  we could rent. 

What sayeth Holly, I wonder?  I'm sure she's in. 

Does July sound good?  Nothing stopping us from having a mini-meet at somebody's house with a half-dozen folks for practice anytime before then.

#10 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:02 AM

July could be good. There's one weekend I'm usually busy, but not sure which one yet, it's usually the weekend that falls closest to the 20th. Which of course happens to be International Boombox Day...

My dad's got a little place, my Great-Grandma's old tiny house out in Port Ludlow... It's kind of a quiet little area though. Not sure how much they'd appreciate us. Although if the tide is down far enough, there's a little island we could walk to from the house in 10 mins maybe. Lol. Rock the little island.

#11 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,058 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

Might be heading North in August 2015  ;-) I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, see where you all end up and when :-D

#12 caution

caution
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

Dude. If you come up this way we'll all have to make sure to gather!

#13 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,058 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

Dude. If you come up this way we'll all have to make sure to gather!

If we end up rolling that far North I will let you know. We are looking at August 2015

#14 Ken

Ken
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:13 PM

We are looking at August 2015

Then so are we!  At least, that's my vote.  :thumbsup:  Nothing says we have to get together only once.  SoCal seems to get together every other week it seems...   :lol:

#15 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 14,058 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:54 PM

Then so are we!  At least, that's my vote.  :thumbsup:  Nothing says we have to get together only once.  SoCal seems to get together every other week it seems...   :lol:

Yeah, the So Cal crew has been active this year that's for sure.

#16 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

August is pretty nice up here Chris.

Let's NOT do August 15th though, I have a wedding to attend. Any other day that month should be okay.

#17 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

Okay, the 15th is free for me, I guess the wedding got moved back to the 29th.

#18 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:49 AM

Okay, so after seeing this Venice meet, I REALLY would like to do a NW edition.

The hard part for me to think is where.

If we did Seattle, then like Kenpat mentioned, around the EMP/Pacific Science Center, might be great. I think there's quite a bit to walk around and see. It's in the same area as the Space Needle, Key Arena, I think there's a food court or something in the middle. It's been a long while since I've been up there, there may be more stuff to do around there.

There's also Pikes Place and down by the waterfront, walking the piers and such. We could spend some time above through Pikes, and around the seattle streets, then go down to the piers, or vice-versa.
If we did Tacoma area... I'm not sure. I know there's a lot of stuff, but I can't think of what's within walking distance of each other.

I dunno, that's all I can think of right now. I'm tired and gotta put my baby to bed. Then myself.

Attached Files

#19 howie1976

howie1976
  • Members (SA)
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

Okay, so after seeing this Venice meet, I REALLY would like to do a NW edition.

The hard part for me to think is where.

If we did Seattle, then like Kenpat mentioned, around the EMP/Pacific Science Center, might be great. I think there's quite a bit to walk around and see. It's in the same area as the Space Needle, Key Arena, I think there's a food court or something in the middle. It's been a long while since I've been up there, there may be more stuff to do around there.

There's also Pikes Place and down by the waterfront, walking the piers and such. We could spend some time above through Pikes, and around the seattle streets, then go down to the piers, or vice-versa.
If we did Tacoma area... I'm not sure. I know there's a lot of stuff, but I can't think of what's within walking distance of each other.

I dunno, that's all I can think of right now. I'm tired and gotta put my baby to bed. Then myself.

First of all, precious pic of your little angel. 😇
I wish you guys all the best in organizing this meet. It takes some planning but man is it worth it. I hope to one day make it up to the Northwest. Along with collecting boomboxes, I'm also a huge fan of the LA Galaxy. I would love to see one of their away games in Seattle, Portland or Vancouver.

But don't delay on your meet plans, because we Cali boys are already brainstorming our next meet. You wouldn't want us to have our second before you have your first!😳😃😜😎

#20 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:27 AM

Haha, seems the cali boys have ALL the meets.

#21 Dr DER

Dr DER
  • Guests
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRefferside Cali

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:07 AM

you guys are more than welcome to come down to the next Southern California meet.. or you can just enjoy the photos....

#22 caution

caution
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:54 PM

I'd love to get down there someday, I wonder if I could fit the Conion into my carry-on luggage :hmmm:

16280746703_4f380610cc_z.jpg

#23 SLO

SLO
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,443 posts
  • LocationInland Empire, Southern California

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:37 PM

I'd love to get down there someday, I wonder if I could fit the Conion into my carry-on luggage :hmmm:

16280746703_4f380610cc_z.jpg

You could probably fit all your belongings inside the CONION  :lol:

#24 mancardo

mancardo
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationGoodyear, AZ U.S.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

You could probably fit all your belongings inside the CONION  :lol:

LOL...

#25 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:56 AM

Haha. No boomboxes on air planes? Lame.

#26 caution

caution
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:30 AM

Haha. No boomboxes on air planes? Lame.

LOL no that's a screen shot from an in-flight safety video Delta made with an '80s theme, pretty clever :-)

#27 trippy1313

trippy1313
  • Members (SA)
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

Awesome commercial.

So as far as approximate dates for a meet, anybody have any suggestions? August was mentioned, which is usually one of our more rain-free times.

With it being wedding season though, for me my only free Saturday's are the 1st and 22nd.

But if majority has the other 3 weekends as a better date that's fine, there just better be a cutout picture of my head to hold in a group photo.

September has been really nice the last few years as well. July might be okay but I know that's usually a busy month for a lot of people. May/June could be nice, but really unpredictable weather.