SANYO M 9977 BELT CHANGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberto

Member (SA)
Jan 3, 2013
Wallingford,Ct. USA
com' on Bro, LOL!! I'm not talking about changing the belts, I've done over a thousand of them. LOL!!
I'm was just talking about getting to them on the Sanyo M9977. Sanyo M9977 does not make it easy.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
com' on Bro, LOL!! I'm not talking about changing the belts, I've done over a thousand of them. LOL!!
I'm was just talking about getting to them on the Sanyo M9977. Sanyo M9977 does not make it easy.

Alberto I was speaking of getting to belts. Mechanical decks are usually fairly simple with just removing plate since there is no extra parts like auto deck :hmmm: I'd be interested to see pics of deck ;-)

Bad Boy Bill

Alberto

Member (SA)
Jan 3, 2013
Wallingford,Ct. USA
baddboybill said:
Alberto I was speaking of getting to belts. Mechanical decks are usually fairly simple with just removing plate since there is no extra parts like auto deck :hmmm: I'd be interested to see pics of deck ;-)

Bad Boy Bill
I know bill, for some reason I can't figure out how to remove the amp and tuner PCB to get access to the tape transport. I have removed every screw and yes eject the cassette door and still I can't remove the PCBs to get to it. Something is still holding the PCB. I have never seen anything like it. :hmmm:

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Alberto said:
I know bill, for some reason I can't figure out how to remove the amp and tuner PCB to get access to the tape transport. I have removed every screw and yes eject the cassette door and still I can't remove the PCBs to get to it. Something is still holding the PCB. I have never seen anything like it. :hmmm:
if the tuner pcb won't move have you tried pulling off the tuner knob?

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Have you tried taking whole deck mech off? I've had to do this with Lasonic TRC918 and my CEC. You may have to desolder some wires :hmmm: post pics ;-)

Bad Bad Bill

Alberto

Member (SA)
Jan 3, 2013
Wallingford,Ct. USA
baddboybill said:
Have you tried taking whole deck mech off? I've had to do this with Lasonic TRC918 and my CEC. You may have to desolder some wires :hmmm: post pics ;-)

Bad Bad Bill
I can't see the deck mech yet. I have no problem desoldering or soldering wires. I don't know if I'm just having a brain fart or what, but i just thought if I post this as laughable as it may seem maybe someone might have had some experience with this boomer and chime in. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I thought M9998 was the hardest deck to work on. I posted a whole lot of pics to work on that one. Oh my!

Post pictures Alberto... We all like to see it.

docnak

Member (SA)
Feb 3, 2017
Heartland of America
i will post pics of my current attempt of repair on this model, although there isnt much to see because i cant get anything off! They will be in a different thread tho.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
docnak said:
i will post pics of my current attempt of repair on this model, although there isnt much to see because i cant get anything off! They will be in a different thread tho.
In many cases there are several hidden screws. In some case it is a board connector, or an external connection in a slot. It is very frustrating when we cannot find it.... :yes:

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Green collectors whom never really restored boomboxes should always start with an easy $20 box restoring it to get idea how it goes. Tgis is just my opinion because if a $20 box gets messed up its not as big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.