• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 qsky

qsky
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:59 PM

Hello,

My name is Chet, I live in Northern Michigan. My JVC PC-V66 has lost it's station preset memory. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this can be repaired?

The presets are lost as soon as the unit is turned off.it's tape deck and AM/FM radio works perfectly. Thanks in advance.

Chet.

#2 Superduper

Superduper
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 6,167 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow, USA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:04 PM

The backup battery is dead.  Replace it.  If you don't see a backup battery, it might be internal, like the kind used in computers.  That might require soldering.

#3 oldskool69

oldskool69
  • Moderators
  • 6,711 posts
  • Location'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

These JVC's were notorious for not holding presets when unplugged.  What you won't find is a spot for a AA or AAA battery like Panasonic, Sharp, Sanyo and Sony did at the time.  Why JVC did not do this? Go figure.

#4 JVC Floyd

JVC Floyd
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

These JVC's were notorious for not holding presets when unplugged.  What you won't find is a spot for a AA or AAA battery like Panasonic, Sharp, Sanyo and Sony did at the time.  Why JVC did not do this? Go figure.

i guess they figured the box would either have batteries or be plugged in at all times , i know it's stupid but true.

#5 qsky

qsky
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

Thanks for your replies! I guess the whole problem was  that I didnt use it enough. When I had the radio at home it was turned on maybe 10 minutes in a year. I finally took it to work so I could have a radio/ tape deck to listen to. The first night I had it there, it was turned on longer than in the past 20 years or so. The radio now "remembers" all the presets!! Guess I had to leave it turned on for a while.... duh!

Thanks again  everyone,

Chet