Sony CFS-V2 Belts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protector101

Member (SA)
Aug 3, 2013
Hey guys, I'm having problems with my boombox I got for birthday and I need help finding belts for it. Gluecifer recommended I come here to find out if any of you guys knew what built sizes I needed for this boom box. I attached a picture of the Sony CFS-V2. I hope there's someone out there that can help!

Thank you in advance,
Jake77470_4497469174545_705096795_o.jpg

Gluecifer

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Belmont, Australia
I've never seen this Sony before, I recommended Jake come and post to see if any of you rockers had worked on one before. Some smaller boxes can be tricky to get a apart, but the Sony's I've worked on usually seem to make sense.

Any knowledge that can be shared would be kick arse.

Rock On.

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hi Jake,

It is

SCX-8.4
SCY-7.0
SCY-8.6

I got this information from Russel Industries belt chart.

Hopefully one of our members san help what is SCX and SCY.

Royce

Protector101

Member (SA)
Aug 3, 2013
Oh! Thank you for the speedy reply, Royce!!! I appreciate it! Know of any good websites (USA preferably) that I can order these parts?

Thank you again!
J

Protector101

Member (SA)
Aug 3, 2013
BoomboxLover48 said:
Hopefully one of our members san help what is SCX and SCY.
Yeah... I did a little search on studiosoundelectronics website and no model for belt comes up that way. Are 8.4, 7.0, 8.6 numbers the indication of the size of the belts generally?

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Protector101 said:
Yeah... I did a little search on studiosoundelectronics website and no model for belt comes up that way. Are 8.4, 7.0, 8.6 numbers the indication of the size of the belts generally?
It is pretty hard to get belts exactly the same. I would go with the closest match to the lower size avialable. -5% is always allowable but don't go higher as you know it might slip. By seeing the belt path one will know if it needs a flat belt or square belt. Flat and square has to do with the cross section of the belt. Too wide of belt will slip off in a few seconds, so the width of the belt is important also.

Status
Not open for further replies.