Need help with Panasonic 5150

Status
Not open for further replies.

autobot84

Member (SA)
Nov 4, 2010
Cybertron
was working on my panny today replacing a bad switch when the tuner string fell off all the pulleys. tried for nearly 2 hours to figure out how to restring it but i'm lost. :dunce: Can anybody give me instructions or take some pictures of their box of how string goes back on? fairly common box so i figure most own one on here.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Had to do a Philips D8444 and was just at the point of smashing the entire thing into tiny pieces when I managed it...was not happy lol :)

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I thought I had that diagram somewhere in my files. Unfortunately i was unable to find it after say 45 minutes of search.

I would wait till you get the diagram.
Trial and error will put extra tension on the pulley posts and will break them easily. :sadno: :sadno:
It will be a disaster if that happens. :thumbsdown:
Once you have the diagram all it needs is lots of patience. In most cases there will be several turns on the tuning knob axle.
It starts and ends on the posts via a tension spring inside the tuning drum on top of the gang condensor.
I've done more than 15 or 18 restringing over several years and the majority of them were high end tube radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.