Battery question 931

Status
Not open for further replies.

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Hello everyone. I just got two trc-931 blasters. One i believe is a first gen, the other a second. I was curious about how long batteries usually last for you guys? I mostly mean constantly playing, like if you brought to the beach or party.

I guess another question, whats everyones thoughts on rechargeables?

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Well I decided it would be best to just find out myself... I mean, I didn't just buy them for looks... so I had it on for three hours at quarter volume, using line in... still going strong... I'll probably try to go another couple tonight. :-) .

Michiel

Member (SA)
Dec 29, 2012
Netherlands
My first gen plays about 6 hours on ten rechargeable 4500 mAh D cells. Volume between very low to half with max bass...:) Most of the time playing a cassette in B. When the batts die it's getting weird! The left woofer start vibrating on very low frequency and sound distorts violently.

I made a charge plug on the box and fixed the cells in their compartment. Works great!...:)

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Okay, yea I was wondering if rechargeable was the way to go, I noticed they're pricey to get it set up initially, but as long as they recharge good enough times, I can see getting their money's worth out of them. And recommendations on a good brand?

trippy1313

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2013
Seattle-Tacoma, WA
Well I took it to work today. Had it at about 40% volume for a little over 8 hours. That's top of my 3 hours @ 25% at home the other night.

So Im at 11 hours, all line-in use, and not noticing any difference yet!!! I haven't checked for distortion past half because its just so loud. Im impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.