I didn't know the Wheely did this..... but mine is broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
So my Dynasty Wheely has this strange switch next to the Tape A door. It shows an arrow pointing up and says MANUAL. When I push that switch my boombox just makes a strange hum and click noise for a second.

Well, the Matsuki Wheely is fully working so I pushed the switch I can see that the Tape A cassette head spins around!!!! Whoa, sweet! This must be a manual switch for the auto-reverse, right? Also, the head on the Dynasty isn't parallel with the path of the cassette tape. It's turned about 10* and that can't be right.

Does anyone know how I can fix it on my Dynasty? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Here is a youtube video I made. First boombox is the Matsuki, then I show what the Dynasty does:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph41ZDMzc2M

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
joe i would check the ribbon cables that go into the tape head assembly sometimes they break or come loose , not sure if that box has them but most with the heads that spin around do .

tshorba

Member (SA)
May 10, 2009
South West Victoria
My guess is the Dynasty has a broken gear (gear driven head rotation) common fault on the Yamaha PC-8 and some Akai component boxes.

The centre of the gear usually cracks rather than a tooth so you might be able to glue it back together but I doubt it would last.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Could possibly be the wires to motor that spins head are broken or the motor itself is bad :hmmm: The wires that Floyd speak of also break but those are for the head itself. It's a real cool setup but the problems are the wires are not in a separate sleeve usually and tend to get hung up inside :thumbsup: They are very tiny and brittle and very hard to resolder onto head.

Status
Not open for further replies.