SANYO M9830K

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreakBeat Fanatik

Member (SA)
May 8, 2013
www.facebook.com
I recently replaced the belts and felt pad on this very well taken care of Sanyo M9830K. I purchased it for 20 bucks. Now, when I play the radio the highs kick really nice, but when I play the cassette the sounds is a bit more muffled. Seems like the highs are not kicking the way they should. Is this something normal with this model, or am I needed to replace something else?

The volume goes from 1-5 and it is blacked out stating " Loudness ", The 5-10 levels are not blacked out and i have noticed the sound is a bit better if it turned up to this level but not the greatest. The radio sounds incredible, considering the size fo this bad boy.

Any help?

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
How do i do that? lol. I am fairly new to the repair of these
With power off and unplugged: First with cotton swab and rubbing alcohol clean off tape head very good. Let dry then using a demagnetizer (either tape or I prefer wand) slowly demagnetize head for few seconds then pull wand away slowly. I also demagnetize capstan for a second or two.

While plugged in and on: There should be I tiny hole at bottom of deck door that a tiny philips head screwdriver will fit through, if not door has to come off. I'm not sure how this door is removed. It may just slide up when open. Once that's done using a small non magnetic Philips head, hit play on tape. While its playing adjust the one screw on tape head that has spring under it. Adjust slowly and listen for the highs to get better on sound. I would first try clockwise and if nothing changes turn counter clockwise until it sounds the best ;-)

Good luck :thumbsup:

hemiguy2006

Member (SA)
May 5, 2009
baddboybill said:
With power off and unplugged: First with cotton swab and rubbing alcohol clean off tape head very good. Let dry then using a demagnetizer (either tape or I prefer wand) slowly demagnetize head for few seconds then pull wand away slowly. I also demagnetize capstan for a second or two.

While plugged in and on: There should be I tiny hole at bottom of deck door that a tiny philips head screwdriver will fit through, if not door has to come off. I'm not sure how this door is removed. It may just slide up when open. Once that's done using a small non magnetic Philips head, hit play on tape. While its playing adjust the one screw on tape head that has spring under it. Adjust slowly and listen for the highs to get better on sound. I would first try clockwise and if nothing changes turn counter clockwise until it sounds the best ;-)

Good luck :thumbsup:

Perfectly said and usually solves this issue 95% of the time.

BreakBeat Fanatik

Member (SA)
May 8, 2013
www.facebook.com
baddboybill said:
With power off and unplugged: First with cotton swab and rubbing alcohol clean off tape head very good. Let dry then using a demagnetizer (either tape or I prefer wand) slowly demagnetize head for few seconds then pull wand away slowly. I also demagnetize capstan for a second or two. While plugged in and on: There should be I tiny hole at bottom of deck door that a tiny philips head screwdriver will fit through, if not door has to come off. I'm not sure how this door is removed. It may just slide up when open. Once that's done using a small non magnetic Philips head, hit play on tape. While its playing adjust the one screw on tape head that has spring under it. Adjust slowly and listen for the highs to get better on sound. I would first try clockwise and if nothing changes turn counter clockwise until it sounds the best ;-) Good luck :thumbsup:
This worked like a charm!!!!!! Thanks for the help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.