#1 redbenjoe

redbenjoe

I Am Legend

• Eternal Order of Boom
  • 17,921 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

you walkman fans need to get one of these 

Vintage Sony Seq 50 Stereo Graphic Equalizer Walkman EQ Very RARE Walkman | eBay

even at US100 -- so well worth it --amazing sound controls

#2 oldskool69

oldskool69
  • Moderators
  • 6,711 posts
  • Location'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Good looking out Ira! :-)

#3 Beosystem10

Beosystem10
  • Members
  • 1,807 posts
  • LocationUK. 55.7710° N

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

Wish I'd spotted that one. Nick, the seller, has sold around a dozen different radio-related things to me over the years, he's as honest as they come. :-)

#4 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

Sorry to revive an old thread but my friend has one of these and I've just bought it.  Sent me a few pics, it looked really cool so I made him an offer and he took it! 

I was doing the 'ol usual Google search and this thread popped up.

Has anyone listened to a pair of headphones through these?  I'd love some feedback before I have a listen as I have to wait 3 days for it to arrive!

#5 milosancho

milosancho
  • Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast, California

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

I have one of these, mostly because they were cool (I mean, it's a freaking portable EQ for your Walkman!) but didn't end up using it much. It does what you'd think - it makes things much louder and it.....equalizer the sound. For me the hassle of another portable was too much. And, if you are playing your recording from a decent Walkman with decent headphones then you should not need something else. But still cool to have and a must of you are a Walkman collector. 

#6 Sel The Don

Sel The Don
  • Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationBursa, Turkey

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for the info mate.

I'll use it for a bit then stick it in my collection as it is really cool and I don't want to ruin it by over using it.