problems with a gf 5858

Status
Not open for further replies.

retrohead

Member (SA)
May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
now then blokes,a mate dropped me off a gf5858 last night from a house clearance he had done,but it has some issues.
1.the ac power supply buzzes and pops loudly when connecting a cord so you have to waggle the cord till it stops.
2.the deck is wierd.have changed the belt (its only got 1),but the deck still doesnt work.surely these are post the idler tyre problem earlier gf's (this was built in dec 84),so what else could be the issue?also once you get the deck door shut,it woulnt open again without force
when i cracked it open last night i found 2 posts had been smashed out,so it seems its had a fall on to carpet or something reletively soft (not concrete)-just wondering if something has dislodged within the deck perhaps? :hmmm:
despite the relatively low spec of this piece,ive never had one before,and it does have a good sound to it.i can handle the broken posts myself with bostik,its the deck i cant handle....so if anyone can help,or has had similar problems on theirs,please let me know :-D

retrohead

Member (SA)
May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
got the screw posts sorted,and the sticking cassette door,the deck was stuck,after i freed it up it worked,but sods law and as soon as i put it all back together again it was stuck again! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.