Tomorrow I am attempting to buy this......

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Going to put an offer in on this house to use it as a rental property. So excited, but so scared to take the chance on it. I already own a home, have a family, but trying to set us up for the long haul.

1200 sq ft
2 bedroom
1 bath

Stupid cheap. Move in ready. I'm hoping I can't lose even if using it as a rental doesn't work out and we have to sell in a couple years.

0.jpeg

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
cute shack --real good long range $$ planning idea , joe :clap:

how much is dirt cheap up there ?

down here --that would be 150, 000

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
. Its listed for $37,000. Tax assesment is $60k, so I can't go wrong.

Fatdog

Staff member
May 3, 2009
That would be great for an older couple with no kids. Good luck, Joe!

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Superduper said:
$37k? Dude, don't "try", just get it already! A few more incredible eBay flips and that's an all-casher for you. That a HUD foreclosure?
I am friends with the previous owner(s).

Him and his wife got a divorce and walked away from the property and took a hit on their credit.

The bank sent it to auction about 2 months ago and it was sold to a HUD/Fannie/Mac type of company.

Then 16 days ago it was listed for "owner/occupants" to buy it as a first home with only 3% down. They have had NO offers in the 16 days. Then today the listing is open to "investors" to buy as a flip/rental type income property. For an investor to buy, it is 15% down, have to keep the property for 12 months or you pay double on the capitol gains, etc.

I just got back from putting my offer in. The only "repairs" it needs right now is the piping for the radiant heat (boiler) isn't holding pressure so there is a leak somewhere. Water has been off so there is no water damage or issues like that. There are 3 cracked windows that need to be replaced. There is a few spots of peeling paint outside that need to be scraped and repainted.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Just got back from the real estate company. My offer is in, pending financing and inspection :cool:

So excited but I'm freaking out a little....

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
Just got back from the real estate company. My offer is in, pending financing and inspection :cool:

So excited but I'm freaking out a little....
I thinking you're making a good financial decision buying property for rental purposes. The rental income should make this project a nice little earner.

My new work van is costing me more than your house!

Good luck,

James

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
I worked out the numbers...... a litte :D

Best/worst case senarios:

Best case, keeping it for 15 years
-if rent is $700 we should NET about $36,000 profit after all our income tax is figured in
-in 15 years the house would be paid off and have a value of AT LEAST $60,000 assessed value
-if we stuck with it for 15 years, we could have about $81,000 net profit if we decide to sell

Worst case
-can't find renters
-get overwhelmed with too much to pay for over a couple years
-list it for sale hoping to get $60,000 and could/should still net us $45,000 (+/-10k) in just few years

So, the worst case and the best case senarios both have a good outcome for us which is why I like the deal. I feel that I can't lose.

blu_fuz

Staff member
Jun 3, 2009
WI
Lasonic TRC-920 said:
Whats the condition of the house? Is it rental ready?
blu_fuz said:
The only "repairs" it needs right now is the piping for the radiant heat (boiler) isn't holding pressure so there is a leak somewhere. Water has been off so there is no water damage or issues like that. There are 3 cracked windows that need to be replaced. There is a few spots of peeling paint outside that need to be scraped and repainted.
^^^^^

;)