Am I blind? (hitachi TRK-8080)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledmeter

Member (SA)
Jul 22, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
So I've cleaned and repaired a nice little Hitachi TRK-8080AU. Upon re-assembling I tested and adjusted the cassette deck, and the radio, then I went to test the Line In function. I switched the unit to Line In and then went to look on the back - WTF? No RCAs, no 3.5mm inputs... Just external mic and external speaker jacks, plus a remote DIN(?) input for rec/play. No other inputs at all.
Can someone offer any advice? Do the mic plugs double as Line feature?

jimmyjimmy19702010

Member (SA)
May 5, 2012
Sunny Brisbane, Australia
The TRK-8080AU is a 5 din input/output set up.
The TRK-8080W is an RCA set up.

When I compare my TRK-9140E which is a 5 DIN with my TRK-9150W which is an RCA setup, they both work identically and function as a proper Line In setup.

It should be the same deal overall assuming you have a 5DIN cable handy.
James.... :-)

ledmeter

Member (SA)
Jul 22, 2011
jimmyjimmy19702010 said:
ledmeter said:
Cool. Thanks guys. Just buying an adapter now.
Well done working on the 8080 - I hear they're not the easiest box to work on.

James.... :-)
P.S I'd love to take you up on your offer of 8080 manuals if that's still OK. ;-)
Sorry James. You didn't respond the first time I offered. So I burned them last night. :-P
I'll send them over your way next week :-)
I'd better check that they're not exclusively 8080AU manuals though. Doubtful but I'd better at least check.

ledmeter

Member (SA)
Jul 22, 2011
Reli said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bang-Olufsen-to-Ipod-MP3-Computer-Gold-DIN-to-3-5mm-Slim-Gold-Cable-NEW-3ft-/380608147587?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item589e037083
Oh... that's much better than the one I bought. I was a dumba$$ and purchased a DIN to RCA adapter. :dunce:
Thanks for the heads up ! :-D

Usttunt

Member (SA)
Dec 15, 2012
Scranton
ledmeter said:
So I've cleaned and repaired a nice little Hitachi TRK-8080AU. Upon re-assembling I tested and adjusted the cassette deck, and the radio, then I went to test the Line In function. I switched the unit to Line In and then went to look on the back - WTF? No RCAs, no 3.5mm inputs... Just external mic and external buy speakers jacks, plus a remote DIN(?) input for rec/play. No other inputs at all.
have you solved the problem with adapter purchase? I need your help so please reply

ledmeter

Member (SA)
Jul 22, 2011
Usttunt said:
ledmeter said:
So I've cleaned and repaired a nice little Hitachi TRK-8080AU. Upon re-assembling I tested and adjusted the cassette deck, and the radio, then I went to test the Line In function. I switched the unit to Line In and then went to look on the back - WTF? No RCAs, no 3.5mm inputs... Just external mic and external speaker jacks, plus a remote DIN(?) input for rec/play. No other inputs at all.
have you solved the problem with adapter purchase? I need your help so please reply
Adapters are still on their way but I have faith that they will work. :angelic:

Status
Not open for further replies.