Universum Supersound 16000 / Telefunken CR 8200 belt sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms-mer

Member (SA)
Mar 19, 2013
Halle, Germany
Can anyone help me to find the right sizes for a spare belt set? Can`t find them listet anywhere. My still working, but becoming weak.

Thanks, Marco

ms-mer

Member (SA)
Mar 19, 2013
Halle, Germany
Sorry, ebay doesn´t help. Couldn`t find belts for this device. Hope one of the german members can help me here, the SS 16000 isn`t a rare thing and I several times could read about repaired cassette drives in german hifi-boards - but when I asked these people, they didn´t answer.

sxcexcsx

Feb 1, 2013
Dresden (Germany)
do you have the old belts for measurement or are they missing? if i search my browser history i should find a post with a german producer of any kind of rubber belts. but you need the correct sizes.

TG

ms-mer

Member (SA)
Mar 19, 2013
Halle, Germany
I know sources to buy drive belts with known sizes. But I'm careful (and a little bit lazy :-P ) - My Supersound boxes are still working and I don`t want to open their drives without an urgently need. I want to buy the belt sets first and then make the repair. But of course, if nobody can tell me the correct sizes, I`ll have to measure them by myself.

regards to Saxony,
Marco

ms-mer

Member (SA)
Mar 19, 2013
Halle, Germany
OK, at least I did a measuerement. Hope this will help the other owners of the Universum Supersound 16000: You need 3 belts:

one flat belt, 230 mm x 2.5 mm x 0.5 mm (perimeter (lenght) x width x thickness)
two square belts 120 mm x 0.8 mm (perimeter (lenght) x width)

These are the sizes of the old, used belts, so take them a little bit smaller in perimeter. I will try to order these belts and write down here, wether they work properly.

regards, Marco

Status
Not open for further replies.