• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members
  • 2,113 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:24 AM

I bet hardmen's diy boxes would smoke the Bumpboxx. :-)

It would honestly be hard to outright smoke a Bumpboxx. I'm sure there are louder DIY boxes out there somewhere with 12's or 15's and a massive amplifier. The Bumpboxx was engineered for outdoor use and it is extremely loud and the sound travels very far. The bass kick is insane. The only box in my collection that never leaves me wanting more volume or bass...it has plenty of both.

#32 og008

og008
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

It would honestly be hard to outright smoke a Bumpboxx. I'm sure there are louder DIY boxes out there somewhere with 12's or 15's and a massive amplifier. The Bumpboxx was engineered for outdoor use and it is extremely loud and the sound travels very far. The bass kick is insane. The only box in my collection that never leaves me wanting more volume or bass...it has plenty of both.

I was wondering if you can explain the bass sound you get. I recieved mine Bumpboxx yeasterday. The LED's did not work and it had no bass sound. Am I wrong for  expecting the deep bass sound of a cabin of a car out of my Bumpboxx? Or is mine defective. My BBox only sounds like the bass of an ordinary bluetooth box? Please help.

#33 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members
  • 3,162 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

I was wondering if you can explain the bass sound you get. I recieved mine Bumpboxx yeasterday. The LED's did not work and it had no bass sound. Am I wrong for  expecting the deep bass sound of a cabin of a car out of my Bumpboxx? Or is mine defective. My BBox only sounds like the bass of an ordinary bluetooth box? Please help.

I think the fact that your LED display isn't working is a definate sign you have a problem. The display intensitity is controlled by the volume level so if you are getting weak bass output and no LED activity, then an amp issue is likely.

This is a known issue with the BumpBoxx amps so it's time to make a claim.

James.... :-)

#34 Reli

Reli
  • Boomus Fidelis
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:44 PM

There's 2 different volume controls -- The remote, and the knob on the side of the boombox.  You need to get the right blend between the two, or your volume will be too low.  Someone will post how to do it.

#35 mellymelsr

mellymelsr
  • Members
  • 2,113 posts
  • LocationNorthern Cali

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

There are 2 volume controls on the Bumpboxx. The main digital volume control has a max of 30 and can only be adjusted with the remote. Then there is the knob volume control. These work independent of one another. For best volume results use the remote and place digital volume to 30, then turn the volume knob up and the bass will be plentiful.