• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#61 ford93

ford93
  • Members
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationFormer New Yorker

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Im Simon, or generally people just call me Sim for short, from Australia. im 28 and have been working on euro cars for the last 8 years, primarily Audi but working with Volkswagen atm. Only joined here a few months ago but have always have a massive interest in boomers since my old man had an M70 when i was younger.
Heres me and my mrs, i hope you can tell who is who :-D lol.

[ Image ]

You guys make a cute couple. :yes:

lol thanks mate, the pic of you in your avatar is pretty pimpin, 80's as. i was wondering if it was you or just a random google pic you used cos of the M90 haha.

Its me I was at the park that day with some of my friends and girlfriend just hanging out listening to some tunes in Queens, N.Y.

Notice the Duran Duran hair! :lol: :lol:

#62 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Its me I was at the park that day with some of my friends and girlfriend just hanging out listening to some tunes in Queens, N.Y.

Notice the Duran Duran hair! :lol: :lol:

Yeah man....that is a great picture. the cool jacket, the Duran Duran hair....the M90 of course....No wonder you had a girl friend :lol: :yes:

I have been trying to find a picture of my with my 920 from back in the day, but no luck :sadno:

#63 Hurb

Hurb
  • Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam, Netherlands

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

My name is Herbert(4.0), from the Netherlands, collecting since a year two. Got re-inspired by the 80's and boomboxes through the birth of my son in 2011. When the design of his birthcard came into discussion, I insisted that a cassette would be on it. My girlfriend and I got serious after exchanging mix tapes I mixed and he would be the perfect mix :-D. When looking for suitable pictures of tapes I came across al these boomboxes, started to read, etc, etc. I've always loved mechanical technique and design and both worlds come together in this hobby(addiction) This formum really ads to my knowledge and fun. Thx guys!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 systemaddict

systemaddict
  • Members
  • 1,402 posts
  • LocationEast Coast England

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

some more great additions there guys, thanks for adding :thumbsup:

#65 Alberto

Alberto
  • Members
  • 562 posts
  • LocationWallingford,Ct. USA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

I am 47 years old. I'm of Portuguese decent and was born in New York. My obssesion and passion for boomboxes comes from the time period, street culture, and the music that was being played in New York in the late 70s and early 80s, and I am glad that I was a part of it as a teenager. I was 14 years old in 1980 when I got alittle summer time job to save enough money to buy my first used boom box, a JVC 550. I remember staying up late waiting for 107.5 WBLS to hear Kool Kert,Grandmaster Flash, Kool Moe D, Marly Marl, Mister Magic ( if I remember correctly they only played it on a fridaynight after midnight ) !! |-) I remember when the radio station called out W.B.L.S. they would phase it from channel to channel, W on left speaker, B on right channel, L on left channel and S on right channel. :stereo: I remember not liking my monophonic JVC 550 because I could not hear that on my radio. :nonono: It is true that not everyone in the world was listening to this new music that was coming from the streets of New York, but one thing is for sure, It was the Hip- Hop music, Break Dancing, all New York, that gave us the Idea of taking and carrying that passion around with us, and the tool used for this................ THE BOOM BOX, BEAT BOX, GHETTOBLASTER!!

" ALBERTO " On vacation 2010 Cape Hatteras Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina. :surf:

.facebook_311307743.jpg

#66 teisco

teisco
  • Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationGermany Dresden

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hey, my name is Lutz, i live in eastern germany, saxonia, City of Dresden, i`m 45 and starting boombox collection 2005 ! My first box was 1986 a sharp GF 7500.

Cheers and greetings to all members :lol:

Lutz :breakdance:

Picture from 2010 in south france near Pyrenes :-)

Posted Image

Picture from 1987 with 3 girlfriends and eastern army uniform :-D

Posted Image

#67 systemaddict

systemaddict
  • Members
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

some real nice shots there guys thanks for posting them up along with your info :thumbsup:

#68 ledmeter

ledmeter
  • Members
  • 565 posts
  • LocationHobart, Tasmania, Australia

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hey, my name is Lutz, i live in eastern germany, saxonia, City of Dresden, i`m 45 and starting boombox collection 2005 ! My first box was 1986 a sharp GF 7500.

Cheers and greetings to all members :lol:

Picture from 2010 in south france near Pyrenes :-)

[ Image ]

Picture from 1987 with 3 girlfriends and eastern army uniform :-D

[ Image ]

3 girlfriends? I gotta get me one of those uniforms :-D

#69 Mark GF-575

Mark GF-575
  • Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationBarrow-in-Furness UK

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Hello!!! I'm Mark, 40 years old, from Barrow-in-Furness in the UK. I've been collecting 'boxes for almost a year.

Here's a pic of me and my 2 girls at the X-Factor Final 2012 :-D

Posted Image

#70 systemaddict

systemaddict
  • Members
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

great pic Mark thanks for posting :thumbsup:

#71 ford93

ford93
  • Members
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

Hey, Lutz thats a great pic. B-Boying in that uniform plus with three girls! :cool:

#72 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 4,009 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:10 AM

Hello!!! I'm Mark, 40 years old, from Barrow-in-Furness in the UK. I've been collecting 'boxes for almost a year.

Here's a pic of me and my 2 girls at the X-Factor Final 2012 :-D

Hey Mark...good to put a face to the name...don't remember you being on X Factor tho :lol:

#73 Scotty_M

Scotty_M
  • Members
  • 949 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AU

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

The weight on my shoulders...i could barely hold on long enough for the photo. :lol:

Scotty

Posted Image

#74 Old school Scott

Old school Scott
  • Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

Posted Image

Cheers OSS :afro:

#75 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 4,009 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

OSS you are just toooo cool :cool:

#76 superlew

superlew
  • Members
  • 1,087 posts
  • LocationWoburn, MA

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

OSS...Classic. :thumbsup:
I remember this one from "The Boomboxery Pose."
This pic really should cycle through the forum at least once per quarter.
:yes:

#77 Beosystem10

Beosystem10
  • Members
  • 1,807 posts
  • LocationUK. 55.7710° N

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

:agree: :thumbsup:

Dibs on the hat. :-D

#78 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 4,009 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

The weight on my shoulders...i could barely hold on long enough for the photo. :lol:

Scotty

Aye, and I bet those massive speakers will have blown your ears off! :lol:

#79 oldskool69

oldskool69
  • Moderators
  • 6,711 posts
  • Location'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Has that Grand Master Flash classic style about him doesn't he? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#80 ford93

ford93
  • Members
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Has that Grand Master Flash classic style about him doesn't he? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OSS reminds me of Huggy Bear. Brother you're just too cool. :cool:

#81 Lasonic TRC-920

Lasonic TRC-920
  • Moderators
  • 13,257 posts
  • LocationNaples, Italy

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

[ Image ]

Cheers OSS :afro:

I need to pull the foam out of my 935 speakers....that radio just looks SWEET like that!

#82 jimmyjimmy19702010

jimmyjimmy19702010
  • Members
  • 3,162 posts
  • LocationSunny Brisbane, Australia

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Posted Image
Here is a pic of my ugly 42 year old mug!! :-D At least I've still got my hair!! :thumbsup:
Just love my cheapy Sharp GF-9292!! :drool:

#83 teisco

teisco
  • Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationGermany Dresden

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Hey, Lutz thats a great pic. B-Boying in that uniform plus with three girls! :cool:

yes :lol: i was a breaker in the middle of eighties and 1987 come in to the army. one of these girls was the daughter of a helicopter pilot and she danced in a girl group like as movie flashdance. from there we danced in different clubs together (without uniform) :w00t: it was a wonderful time for me :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers

#84 systemaddict

systemaddict
  • Members
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

[ Image ]
Here is a pic of my ugly 42 year old mug!! :-D At least I've still got my hair!! :thumbsup:

and i thought it was a wig you was sporting there :w00t: only joking mate, great pics guys thank you all for posting :thumbsup:

#85 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members
  • 4,009 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

This is such an awesome thread...I always subconsciously build a picture in my head of what someone looks like based on what they do and say, I do it without even thinking about it, so its sometimes a real surprise when someone looks absolutely nothing like what I would've guessed :w00t:

Great fun and thanks Az for setting it off :yes:

Need more pics tho!! :-D Come on people post your ugly mugs, you can't be any worse than the horrifying lot who've already done it...including myself in this of course! :sick:

#86 kraftmatic

kraftmatic
  • Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, USA

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

My name is Owen, 41, I'm a writer working in the advertising industry. I've been collecting boomboxes for about a year. I got hooked when I scored a Conion C100 last June for $35. Since then I've acquired about 70 boxes. I grew up in a little town in the mountains of New York State where most people didn't like hip hop. By my friends and I loved it and for us a big boombox was the coolest thing you could own.

Here are some recent photos. These were taken after spending a few minutes in Chris' (Lasonic 920) boom room. I haven't been the same since.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#87 kraftmatic

kraftmatic
  • Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, USA

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

This is what I looked like before I went into Chris' boom room.

Posted Image

#88 systemaddict

systemaddict
  • Members
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

ha ha loving the warped face pics KM,very funny :-D thanks for making me laugh on this drab cold day here in England :thumbsup:

#89 ledmeter

ledmeter
  • Members
  • 565 posts
  • LocationHobart, Tasmania, Australia

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

[ Image ]

Hell of a shock you've got there!! :-D great hair!! You need to Vaseline hair tonic that growth for that real car salesman look :yes:

#90 Beosystem10

Beosystem10
  • Members
  • 1,807 posts
  • LocationUK. 55.7710° N

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

....that real car salesman look :yes:

Posted Image :-D

Posting my picture on a boombox forum is like making love to a beautiful woman......