hifistereo12 - selling GE Blockbuster - stay away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraftmatic

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles, USA
I bought a semi-operational GE Blockbuster from him but he refused to send it. He claimed he "dropped it" and broke it even more. I declined to cancel the transaction and told him to send it anyway. He said he couldn't because he "gave it away" -- but he offered to sell me identical Blockbuster for a higher price! LOL. How dumb can you get? :dunce:

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
I didn't see the auction, but it sounds like he's mad that you won it for cheap, so he tries to hold onto it and sell it to someone else. If he had taken better photos and written a complete description in real English, maybe people would have bid it higher. Alas, most Americans are illiterate and still scraping by with a cheapass "feature phone" with a mere 1MP camera.

stereomann

Member (SA)
Nov 17, 2010
MD
I was going to buy that one for $50 but then seen he had neg. feedback for this radio he said someone bought it & there was something loose inside so the buyer sent it back

now he has it relisted for 49.99 or buy it now for 99.99 & he rasied the shipping to 35
but i dont understand why would someone put a bin price of $50 & then not want to sell it

oldskool69

Staff member
May 5, 2009
'Bama!!! Deep In Da' Heart O' Dixie
eBay is turnung into quite the sucktastic cesspool it seems.... :thumbsdown:

It seems almost as if they're getting more of the type of person selling high quality "Monsoon audio out the back of a van at gas station" than honest stright up sellers... :-/

kraftmatic

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles, USA
stereomann said:
I was going to buy that one for $50 but then seen he had neg. feedback for this radio he said someone bought it & there was something loose inside so the buyer sent it back

now he has it relisted for 49.99 or buy it now for 99.99 & he rasied the shipping to 35
but i dont understand why would someone put a bin price of $50 & then not want to sell it
I wasn't very optimistic when I made the purchase. I saw the first negative feedback but pulled the trigger anyway because the price was so good. It was worth a shot, and since the money was refunded I didn't lose anything.

MasterBlaster84

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
Northern California
:lol: Reminds me of the idiot who wouldn't send me a boombox after I won it for just a couple of dollars, he claimed it got soaked when a huge storm broke out his back window on his car. :thumbsdown:

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
stereomann said:

The dangers of selling any big empty black box boombox. The transformer breaks off on its own and the seller gets blamed.

Ya ya I know someone's gonna say that's why I open up the case and secure the transformer for shipping. But hardly any buyer out there is gonna want to deal with putting the box back in to service mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.