1977 Black Beauty - National MAC ST-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2012
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Joining my collection - 1977 National MAC ST-5 (RS-4250), fully Working.

The External Mic attachment provision

All controls, Antenna and Belt are intact.

Radio with moving dial.

Cassette deck works fully including the Rewind-AutoPlay function.

Sound quality is above average, for a 9V older technology amp. The body is made heavy with lot of ribbed reinforcements, giving good Bass response. Bass - Treble - Balance - Volume Controls.

The inside was surprisingly clean for its age. All original and no repair has been made to the electronics. It looks like even the heads are original. See the motor date stamp.

Lasonic TRC-920

Feb 16, 2010
Naples, Italy
Wow, that's clean...never seen that model before....

I like the way the tweeters point UP. That has to give it some great spacial depth. Wild how they had Mic Ports for external mics. I tend to forget out important live recording was. :yes:

BoomBoomBlaster

Member (SA)
Jan 24, 2012
Germany
kingrat2010 said:
fantastic, japan only i guess :thumbsup:
it was also produced on the brand name panasonic for the european market. I had one of those, truly a unique looking box that is super rare to find. Keep that one - I miss mine :sad:

retrohead

Member (SA)
May 29, 2010
United Kingdom
holy **** this is a nice one,back in the 70s when manufacturers were just starting out with portable radio cassette players,these style ones were among the best.you must be amazingly proud to get this one-70s boxes rule! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
The veiw from above, looking down on the top of the unit, reminds me of a Stealth fighter, with all the angles and of course the black.

Yet from the front my first thought was one of those sharp double decker boxes.

Very unusal, nice find.

AE_Stereo

Member (SA)
Apr 24, 2012
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Thanks a lot to all for the good words.

retrohead said:
holy shiat this is a nice one,back in the 70s when manufacturers were just starting out with portable radio cassette players,these style ones were among the best.you must be amazingly proud to get this one-70s boxes rule! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
Yes, I am proud and feel privileged to own this National. It is the most unique box in my collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.