Lasonic TRC918 motor question???

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
Since I got my 918 it always seemed to play fast even though I lowered speed pot all the way down. Well I noticed the motor being used is a 6v CW and when measuring voltage at motor I get a reading of 11.83 volts. Quite a bit for a 6v motor which would explain why it's running so fast. I did end up putting a new 12v CW motor in and adjusted pot and now she is running at perfect speed. But I still would like to know since there's no scheme if the motor was originally a 6v motor. It seems highly unlikely since the unit is a 12v DC unit. Anyone with a Lasonic TRC918 who might have noticed or can look to let me know it would be appreciated :-)

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
JVC Floyd said:
Bill the original motor is 6 volts I have mine apart now restoring it so I looked at the motor.
Lol Floyd this post is 4 yrs old but thanks for info. I actually think we discussed it back then. Lol

JVC Floyd

Inactive (Delete)
May 6, 2009
Maryland USA.
Sorry man ,I had to tear mine all the way down just to get to the speakers to put a dust cap back on .then I just decided to fix everything while i have it apart,must be one of the biggest pain in the ass lasonics to work on . I still love it though because it pounds out some sound.

baddboybill

Member (SA)
Jul 14, 2009
Hudson Florida
JVC Floyd said:
Sorry man ,I had to tear mine all the way down just to get to the speakers to put a dust cap back on .then I just decided to fix everything while i have it apart,must be one of the biggest pain in the ass lasonics to work on . I still love it though because it pounds out some sound.
Yep it was tougher than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.