• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 mtb_ed

mtb_ed
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Can anyone helo me out with where to wire an aux to the tuner board or where necessary?

It has no line in and I don't rate the cassette adaptors.

Many Thanks Ed

#2 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Have a look at this:

https://boomboxery.c...hp?f=47&t=12363

:-D

#3 mtb_ed

mtb_ed
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Have a look at this:

https://boomboxery.c...hp?f=47&t=12363

:-D

I've seen that to get the idea but is it the same on the 656? Guru's welcome.

#4 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Well I'd be very interested in how to do it on this particular box as I love the sound on it and would love a line in mod. Might open mine up and see if I can work it out :yes:

#5 mtb_ed

mtb_ed
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Well I'd be very interested in how to do it on this particular box as I love the sound on it and would love a line in mod. Might open mine up and see if I can work it out :yes:

Do it!

#6 mtb_ed

mtb_ed
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Got the schematic diagram of the tuner circuit.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Posted Image

#7 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Is it the connector on the right hand side where L channel and R channel attach?...that'd be my guess :-D

#8 mtb_ed

mtb_ed
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Is it the connector on the right hand side where L channel and R channel attach?...that'd be my guess :-D

As above tried and tested. It works successfully but my Dolby system doesn't work on tuner, is this normal?

It works on cassette so wondered if the aux could be wired via that side to give the dazzling lights effect too! :cool:

#9 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Well done on getting it to work :yes: ...how about some pics to show how you did it :yes:

But if you use the tape wires then won't you have to press play on the tape to get that line to function?

#10 mtb_ed

mtb_ed
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Well done on getting it to work :yes: ...how about some pics to show how you did it :yes:

But if you use the tape wires then won't you have to press play on the tape to get that line to function?

I was hoping someone else would answer that, I'm a novice here.

I've order some cable, aux socket etc so will do a thred with pictures then. I literally cut a pair of headphones and pushed the cables into the plug to test. I will strip down and clean the unit followed but the aux project.

#11 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

I've order some cable, aux socket etc so will do a thred with pictures then. I literally cut a pair of headphones and pushed the cables into the plug to test. I will strip down and clean the unit followed but the aux project.

We do seem to be a case of the blind leading the blind on this thread :lol: as neither of us know much about this and we're not getting anyone else with a bit more knowledge chipping in for some reason...it's a two man thread! :huh: :lol:

I reckon the tuner is the best bet as I still reckon you'll have to activate the tape deck on the deck circuit. If you follow the other thread I reckon you'll be on to a winner. I'll have a go at mine in a few days when I've got time :yes:

#12 mtb_ed

mtb_ed
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

We do seem to be a case of the blind leading the blind on this thread :lol: as neither of us know much about this and we're not getting anyone else with a bit more knowledge chipping in for some reason...it's a two man thread! :huh: :lol:

I reckon the tuner is the best bet as I still reckon you'll have to activate the tape deck on the deck circuit. If you follow the other thread I reckon you'll be on to a winner. I'll have a go at mine in a few days when I've got time :yes:

As the 80's song went "I think we're alone now"

#13 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,900 posts
  • LocationNorth East UK

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

how sad is it that as I read your comment I immediately sang the words back to myself in my head...ashamed to know it :lol:

Posted Image

#14 im_alan_partridge

im_alan_partridge
  • Members (SA)
  • 2,975 posts
  • LocationLondon, England.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Dont worry guys, im here reading with interest.

Hang on, two of you, one of me + three 656's, sounds like pimms oclock :drunk:

#15 mtb_ed

mtb_ed
  • Members (SA)
  • 64 posts
  • LocationLeicester

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

I'm starting to wonder if it's because we're from England? :lol:

#16 Northerner

Northerner
  • Members (SA)
  • 4,900 posts