Jvc RC-656LB Aux to tuner board

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtb_ed

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2013
Leicester
Can anyone helo me out with where to wire an aux to the tuner board or where necessary?

It has no line in and I don't rate the cassette adaptors.

Many Thanks Ed

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Well I'd be very interested in how to do it on this particular box as I love the sound on it and would love a line in mod. Might open mine up and see if I can work it out :yes:

mtb_ed

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2013
Leicester
Northerner said:
Well I'd be very interested in how to do it on this particular box as I love the sound on it and would love a line in mod. Might open mine up and see if I can work it out :yes:
Do it!

mtb_ed

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2013
Leicester
Northerner said:
Is it the connector on the right hand side where L channel and R channel attach?...that'd be my guess :-D
As above tried and tested. It works successfully but my Dolby system doesn't work on tuner, is this normal?

It works on cassette so wondered if the aux could be wired via that side to give the dazzling lights effect too! :cool:

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
Well done on getting it to work :yes: ...how about some pics to show how you did it :yes:

But if you use the tape wires then won't you have to press play on the tape to get that line to function?

mtb_ed

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2013
Leicester
Northerner said:
Well done on getting it to work :yes: ...how about some pics to show how you did it :yes:

But if you use the tape wires then won't you have to press play on the tape to get that line to function?
I was hoping someone else would answer that, I'm a novice here.

I've order some cable, aux socket etc so will do a thred with pictures then. I literally cut a pair of headphones and pushed the cables into the plug to test. I will strip down and clean the unit followed but the aux project.

Northerner

Member (SA)
Apr 16, 2012
North West UK
mtb_ed said:
Northerner said:

I've order some cable, aux socket etc so will do a thred with pictures then. I literally cut a pair of headphones and pushed the cables into the plug to test. I will strip down and clean the unit followed but the aux project.
We do seem to be a case of the blind leading the blind on this thread :lol: as neither of us know much about this and we're not getting anyone else with a bit more knowledge chipping in for some reason...it's a two man thread! :huh: :lol:

I reckon the tuner is the best bet as I still reckon you'll have to activate the tape deck on the deck circuit. If you follow the other thread I reckon you'll be on to a winner. I'll have a go at mine in a few days when I've got time :yes:

mtb_ed

Member (SA)
Jan 25, 2013
Leicester
Northerner said:
mtb_ed said:
Northerner said:

We do seem to be a case of the blind leading the blind on this thread :lol: as neither of us know much about this and we're not getting anyone else with a bit more knowledge chipping in for some reason...it's a two man thread! :huh: :lol:

I reckon the tuner is the best bet as I still reckon you'll have to activate the tape deck on the deck circuit. If you follow the other thread I reckon you'll be on to a winner. I'll have a go at mine in a few days when I've got time :yes:
As the 80's song went "I think we're alone now"

Status
Not open for further replies.