I hope this guy is NOT a member here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper

Member (SA)
[ebay]321055171909[/ebay]

Check out the bid history. No more needs to be said than that. Then..... Oh, Look. Suprise, suprise, it's now listed for sale again, newly listed.

I personally hate sellers who think they are so slick that they think the rest of the eBay community are so stupid they won't be able to smell the stink of a suspect auction. I hate sellers who plays games. This one reeks of it. Maybe I'm wrong, but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.........

Superduper

Member (SA)
I'm sure he was trying to capitalize on capture some of the thunder from the BNIB TPR-950 that just sold. That's fine, I've no problem with that. Seems he thought and was trying to manufacture interest to hopefully steamroll the auction to OVER $580. With a 76-90 tuner (that was not mentioned), good luck with that.

My point is, why play those bidding games. Again, look at the bid history closely. Nothing could be more obvious than that.

Reli

Member (SA)
Dec 24, 2010
USA
Hmm, where's the Loudness button? Where's the Shortwave? Where's the cool metal bar under the tape deck? Guess it's not really a 950 clone after all :lol:

kraftmatic

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles, USA
This is my listing. There's nothing suspicious going on at my end, but I got screwed over THREE TIMES.

First, there was a bidder from Canada who jacked up the price and then pulled out of the auction two days before it ended. We had been discussing the shipping price by eBay's messaging system, and because I failed to reply to his message that only said "thank you", he was able to cancel his bid because he said he was "unable to contact seller".

Then a zero-feedback bidder came along and bid up the price again. He won but never paid. I have no idea what the hell was going on, and it looked suspicious to me, too, but what could I do? I couldn't cancel the sale until it was absolutely clear he wasn't going to pay, then I had to file a dispute, then wait for eBay to conclude the dispute. Next, while I was waiting, some asshole steals one of my photos and my description to sell his 950.

And I never claimed my 820 is a 950 "clone", I simply said it's the Japanese version of the 950, which is true, is it not? I thought the photographs made it clear what this boombox is, but I can see how somebody might miss the differences between the models so I will add that information to the description.

This auction has been very frustrating for me, and now that members here, including some who I respect very much, are questioning my honesty, it's even worse. I'm not out to cheat anyone. I've made deals and trades with several members here, who will attest to my honesty and integrity. But I'm not sure what else I can do at this point.

redbenjoe

I Am Legend
May 6, 2009
florida
thats cool of you to step up and explain all this :cool: :yes:

when you say -- what else to do - ?
my only suggestion is that you be certain to add " FM 90 " to your listing -
not just in the fine print specs

agree that several of your high quality photos show the tuning dial -
it still best to mention it --as most usa bidders will automatically assume it goes up to 108.

and good luck with this nice looking 820

Superduper

Member (SA)
Hey Owen, Thanks for the explanation. Sounds like you got slammed. It was easy to think the bidding activity was suspicious due to the 74 bids (out of 86 total bids) by two low feedback bidders. If you think the zero feedback bidder was created just to screw you, then you should speak to eBay about trying to get him removed.

As for the FM90 thing: FM is a big and important feature for most buyers. If they knew that they wouldn't be able to receive hardly anything on FM, they might think twice about bidding. From experience, while the images does indeed depict the tuning range, I assure you that somebody is going to miss that and due to eBay's system of buyer protection on steroids, it could become a problem after the fact. The buyer WILL win a dispute if he doesn't like it and you get your boombox back, perhaps not packed nearly as good as when you shipped it. And you'll lose the shipping charges too as well as all the associated fees in the sale. It's a no-win situation if that happens.

And don't worry about your reputation. Your explanation here should clear that all up.

stormsven

Member (SA)
Jan 14, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
Im one of those which got perfect deal wit Owen indeed. Damn lately those 0 feedback bidders are everywhere. Cant say when is shill bidding or when somebody is screwing the auction :thumbsdown: .
And last to say here - Owen is waiting already 1 month for 9998 and told me nothing such "whats goin on" "im tired of waiting" or such posts like many other members which are crying for all . So my :thumbsup: for Owen.
Hope soon will arrive dude.

Superduper

Member (SA)
stormsven said:
And last to say here - Owen is waiting already 1 month for 9998 and told me nothing such "whats goin on" "im tired of waiting" or such posts like many other members which are crying for all . So my :thumbsup: for Owen.
Hope soon will arrive dude.
It will get here. Tony sent me a handle and the post office did take a long time to deliver (I can't remember how long) but fer sure, Tony is rock solid.

superlew

Member (SA)
Apr 22, 2012
Woburn, MA
Then a zero-feedback bidder came along and bid up the price again. He won but never paid. I have no idea what the hell was going on, and it looked suspicious to me, too, but what could I do? I couldn't cancel the sale until it was absolutely clear he wasn't going to pay, then I had to file a dispute, then wait for eBay to conclude the dispute. Next, while I was waiting, some arsehole steals one of my photos and my description to sell his 950.
I take it this was the seller from Hillsboro, NH? I noticed he pulled the listing. Then found it re-listed with new photos yesterday morning.
His format looks very similar. Caught my eye because it's only 1 hr. away. Ended again. Something stinks.
:hmmm:
Edit: "Something stinks" referring to the NH seller. Don't want to give anyone the wrong idea.

kraftmatic

Member (SA)
Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles, USA
Thanks for the support, guys. Believe me, I am painfully aware of how suspicious this looks. I was shocked by how high the price went and then how the sale fell apart, and I'd be suspicious myself if I didn't know the story.

I think it was the first bidder, the one who pulled out, who then came back to screw me over. I sent him some pretty angry words when he canceled, so he may have decided to set up a fake account and ruin the sale. I will get in touch with eBay to see if they can remove that listing.

I take it this was the seller from Hillsboro, NH? I noticed he pulled the listing. Then found it re-listed with new photos yesterday morning.
His format looks very similar. Caught my eye because it's only 1 hr. away. Ended again. Something stinks.
Yeah, it was the guy in New Hampshire who used my photo and description. His involvement only made the whole thing even more weird. But I don't think he was involved in the first sale because he's been responsive to my requests to take down the photo and description.

Anyway, I'm glad I can clear this up here. Point taken about the FM tuner issue and I'll be sure to make that clear in any future auctions of Japanese units. And thanks to you guys who vouched for my reputation. This is community is very important to me and I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize my standing here.

cheers,
Owen

Status
Not open for further replies.