trc 920 Fleamarket find. in pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
OK! :-O Im kinda excited today at a indoor a guy had boxes of crap... but laying in secret and tossed around a 920 in a box of socks and plasitc flowers :-D .everything $1-5.00 so This was a hunt in pieces. I got it all i think ok no power up. gear trashed. I found a red hot wire going too??? :huh: :hmmm: I dont dare plug it in. ac/dc switch crazy glued or something. any Help... I don't know where to begin. $10 buck buy! :thumbsup: But is this worth tackiling or put on a shelf to look at? :-/

BoomboxLover48

Member (SA)
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
That box is in very good condition! Great find! :yes: :yes:

The red wire couldn't be the problem with the power up issue. Try to use batteries and see if it will power up. :yes: No worries on trying that.

I don't have this boombox. Hopefully our members here can help!

ledmeter

Member (SA)
Jul 22, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Tackle it :) even if you don't succeed in firing it up, which is doubtful, it will still look amazing on the shelf - and maybe one day someone will find a smashed up incomplete one which works and you could use that!! It's beautiful!

im_alan_partridge

Member (SA)
Jul 21, 2010
London, England.
ledmeter said:
Tackle it :) even if you don't succeed in firing it up, which is doubtful, it will still look amazing on the shelf - and maybe one day someone will find a smashed up incomplete one which works and you could use that!! It's beautiful!
:agree: , this was well worth the price as doner or parts box :yes:

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
BoomboxLover48 said:
That box is in very good condition! Great find! :yes: :yes:

The red wire couldn't be the problem with the power up issue. Try to use batteries and see if it will power up. :yes: No worries on trying that.

I don't have this boombox. Hopefully our members here can help!
Batteries didn't do anything :sad: And the ac/dc switch finally came off :annoyed: Now what. aauugghhh! ok so now its never gona fire up with out that switch either. hmmm.

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
baddboybill said:
Very cool find for so little :thumbsup:
Bad boy! WHHHYYYYY! DO Lasonics hate me sooooo much.... :'-( I don't look for em and when I get one never works or something. Battery power dead! Ac/dc switch was so epox/crazy glued I finally got it off... :annoyed: Repaired 5 broken posts in back case. and havent tackled gear switch. not till I can get it to light up... :sad: Do I need to buy the exact ac/dc switch? I see plenty of pins so You are the Master always in the Game my friend.
:nonono: Never will I touch this box with out your guidance.... Mike...

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
ledmeter said:
Hmmm... What to do... I know. Send it to me. :-D
LOL! Your cool Bro! :-P Hell never know if this sucker don't behave and give me hearbeat!!! my mini DALEKS will EXTERMINATE it piece by piece... :no: I wouldn't do that. but im sure brothers are HUNGERY now knives and forks ready! :grim:

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
monchito said:
h :hi: i these lasonics do suffer from broken parts but good thing you should be able to score some parts or find another one on the bay :yes: :yes:
Hey Monchito! Thats so true! :lol: How funny not all are brothas are so hip to turn over a knob or too to fast LOL! :angelic: I guess I got to be patient in all this see where it all leads me. Oh hey bro thanks for the encouragement... This Site is turning up some real Fresh Talents!!! :superduper: .Now if only I can start sharing my old mixes from K-day 1580 Wreckin Cru days/Pre Nwa. sets. I'm finding mastermixes not even on tube that I have well put away... :breakdance: Thanks for the Greet!

stynger007

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
The Great White North Canada
Is the AC/DC switch reusable? That red wire is power to somewhere for sure- if you are savvy, you can power the unit with a 12v supply right on the circuit board where the transformer plugs into- by doing this you are bypassing the transformer, batteries, and the ac dc switch- running direct to the board. All Lasonics are known for cold solder joint, brittle wires and lack of plugs- they soldered everything directly to the circuit boards- one twist this way and that and they snap -

Try it post back here.. nice find :-)

k2j

Member (SA)
Mar 28, 2011
West Coast
rokbox2112 said:
Now if only I can start sharing my old mixes from K-day 1580 Wreckin Cru days/Pre Nwa. sets. I'm finding mastermixes not even on tube that I have well put away... :breakdance: Thanks for the Greet!
Man I was down south :sad: ...I've got a few nakamichi decks connected to my pc and would love to Digitize that stuff for you!! :yes: :yes:

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
stynger007 said:
Is the AC/DC switch reusable? That red wire is power to somewhere for sure- if you are savvy, you can power the unit with a 12v supply right on the circuit board where the transformer plugs into- by doing this you are bypassing the transformer, batteries, and the ac dc switch- running direct to the board. All Lasonics are known for cold solder joint, brittle wires and lack of plugs- they soldered everything directly to the circuit boards- one twist this way and that and they snap -

Try it post back here.. nice find :-)
Hey bro heres a update and new pics. the red wire is going to board but to what function hmmm? :hmmm: and a/dc switch that badboy looks more fried up than crazyglued LOL! :-O

rokbox2112

Member (SA)
Dec 11, 2012
Orange,California
baddboybill said:
Very cool find for so little :thumbsup:
hEY BBB! I put updated pic on that darn wire. and I saw 2 small imput pins next to ac/d switch is that just there or ignore that nonsense??? :huh: I didn't even catch that with all the glue holding that bugger down... :nonono: Bad who ever did that to this box!!!!

stynger007

Member (SA)
Aug 30, 2009
The Great White North Canada
Did you try power direct to the board? Good idea is to stretch the mystery wire to its limit and travel in a circle..where the end meets you can see where it was..Unless someone here has a schematic..those boxes sound great worth the effort :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.