The JVC-RC M-50JW Is Nearly Perfect Now!! Tape Deck=Perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Hi everyone-I took the M-50 apart again and I took the motor out and you guys were right,there was alittle hole on the bottom covered up with these little rubber flaps.
So I took a small phillips screwdriver in there and adjusted for faster speed.
I took 3 tries-first time to fast,2nd time a wee bit to slow,the third time=PERFECT!! Even had my buddy who was a DJ listen to,The Comodores Greatest Hits tape was a good tape to judge speed by! Heard all songs many times!
Now I'm psyched!!-Just needs an antenna w/shaft and I'm set!
The search works and it's all good.
Man I love these-very nice and not to bad to take apart-just tedious sometimes.
What do you guys do in changing speed on motors-do you have a sensor or just guess like I do?
I was fairly happy that it took only 3 tries.
Now I can get at that GF-9191X-That one has dirty tape pots and a slow motor!
Have a super weekend-GB. :-) :-P :yes: :surf: :thumbsup: :cool: :choco: :breakdance: :yes: :w00t:

Superduper

Member (SA)
GB. The best way to check the tape speed is with a "test tape". A signal is recorded at either 1000hz or 3000hz. During playback of the test tape, you would connect a frequency counter to the outputs and adjust until the counter reads the correct frequency, +/- a small tolerance.

Before, adjusting tape speed though, you should change belts, lube and grease all standard parts. It will affect the tape speed.

Ghettoboom767

Member (SA)
May 6, 2009
USA
Superduper said:
GB. The best way to check the tape speed is with a "test tape". A signal is recorded at either 1000hz or 3000hz. During playback of the test tape, you would connect a frequency counter to the outputs and adjust until the counter reads the correct frequency, +/- a small tolerance.

Before, adjusting tape speed though, you should change belts, lube and grease all standard parts. It will affect the tape speed.
Hi Norm-already have.Except belt which is in very good condition-still quite tight and with minimal wear so i didn't replace belt but all pulleys and shafts lubed and cleaned.
I'll have to do some kind of plastic weld and color it or something of that nature for antenna mount area.The brass retainer is intact but the outer are is warped and missing a little because of broken plastic but do have 3 pieces I'm trying to JB weld or plastic weld back into place.
This will be done when I get my antenna.
Thanks everyone-I need to go to sleep!-GB. |-) :-O :-)

analogboi

Member (SA)
Jul 16, 2009
Milwaukee area
Superduper said:

:agree: what Superduper said! :-)

But, if you know someone that has a "perfect pitch" trained ear that is usually just as good. For me, it's easier to start too slow and bring it up to the correct speed. Working with (DJing) dance music we sometimes pitch +3%, so starting out too fast throws me off. :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.